• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

PA based knifemakers and manufacturers? Want to add to my list?

Hi gang,

Who makes knives in PA? I know some of them, but there must be others. The ones that I can think of:

Case
Queen Cutlery (sadly defunct)
GEC
Guardian Tactical
Microtech, I think the Bradford facility is still running there even if it is no longer the HQ
Demko
J. Neilson
Bud Neely

There are a bunch of "makers" that put handles on blades of unknown provenance at the gun shows, we can skip those. Who else can you think of?

Maybe this doesn't fit what you're looking for, but Peters Heat Treating is in Pennsylvania, which heat treats for many knife companies and custom knife makers.

Here is the list of PA custom knifemakers from Knives 2019:
Pennsylvania knifemakers.jpg

Ryan Frailey and his brothers are knifemakers from Kittanning. I sold him a knife in December, was a very good transaction. He sent me some photos of their work and they looked good. I met him on FB through Ben Tendick.

HMC (Hellion Machine Collective) - does in-house designs, along with high-end OEM work
CMF Metalworks - Ian Alexander Pickarski
R.S. Knifeworks - Rob Saniscalchi

A good chunk of DFKB knives are made in Titusville and treated at Peters. Tuna Valley Cutlery, Napanoch Knife Co., Titusville Cutlery

Have a secondhand tanto of yours on the way, very much looking forward to it! I like your designs, and if the Doc digs them, I know I'll love it!
You'll dig it. My only wish right now would be for some milled texturing in the Ti handle/framelock. The blade is incredible, and the action is pretty smooth.

You'll dig it. My only wish right now would be for some milled texturing in the Ti handle/framelock. The blade is incredible, and the action is pretty smooth.
Awesome, I'm pretty stoked about this one.

Back