Pacific Salt glamour shots with 400 lb Goliath Grouper

That was damned impressive. I would not have been able to fight like that for 90 minutes plus. After 15 with an amber jack my arms felt like rubber and were gonna fall off. Being seated helps a bit (I was not) but that was still really impressive. I caught two in one day. 48 hours later my arms REALLY hurt. You look to be in MUCH better shape than I am though :) Again, nice catch and video.

Lance, you're selling yourself short. The skill and knowledge is perhaps more important than the "luck" Wouldn't have had the opportunity without the s&k. I caught a baby gg last year around 10lbs. Would'a loved to have kept it......but back in the water. I've eaten smaller gg's in years past but will take a scamp over most other groupers. When we commercial fished the scamp's were usually kept for personal use :D Fished for an hour yesterday to try out a new baitcaster w/artificials, conditions were bad, windy, and wrong tide. Had only 1 bite and no fish. Still catching my share of Speck's. :) Catch a few for me, saltwater around here has been a bit slow. Mostly short trout, redfish, and flounder, with an occasional keeper. Be safe.

Back