1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Packing cubes

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Hotshot10, Jun 26, 2016.

1. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    they're holding up great! i have two that i'm always using regardless of the trip - one for my first aid kit (i have a red paracord as a zipper pull so it's even easier to spot it) and another for holding misc. tools like the emberlit, folding saw, etc. that i've used since i got them and they still look brand new. i especially like that it opens flat so i can access all the contents easily with nothing buried in the bottom so i don't have to take anything out to access the very bottom...the loops on each end is also handy if i want to put a carabiner on it to hang on the outside of the pack or tree or something for quicker access while still keeping it off the ground.

2. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    I'm a fan of the Kifaru pullouts as well

pocket survival kit
    [​IMG]

backcountry kitchen kit and camera bag
    [​IMG]

Even the small ones can fit a lot more than at first glance.

3. jumpmonkey

jumpmonkey

Oct 16, 2006
    Another for Kifaru pullouts here. They're thin and light but resilient. I've had a pair of small pullouts that I've been using for four or five years now. Get some.

4. sodak

sodak

Mar 26, 2004
    Excellent, thanks! I also use ziplocks, but they always allow air to leak in and inflate on me, which I find annoying...

5. trestle

trestle

Feb 2, 2008
    Anyone know where to find the Kifaru pullouts in the original white sil material? The coyote versions aren't as translucent.

6. jumpmonkey

jumpmonkey

Oct 16, 2006
    You might be able to put up a WTB on the Kifaru forums sale/trade section. Otherwise you may be OOL.

7. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    I don't think they make them anymore in that color, but you might have some luck on the secondary market.