Packing cubes

How have those held up for you? Any durability concerns? They look great.

they're holding up great! i have two that i'm always using regardless of the trip - one for my first aid kit (i have a red paracord as a zipper pull so it's even easier to spot it) and another for holding misc. tools like the emberlit, folding saw, etc. that i've used since i got them and they still look brand new. i especially like that it opens flat so i can access all the contents easily with nothing buried in the bottom so i don't have to take anything out to access the very bottom...the loops on each end is also handy if i want to put a carabiner on it to hang on the outside of the pack or tree or something for quicker access while still keeping it off the ground.

I'm a fan of the Kifaru pullouts as well

pocket survival kit
YBjk5qo.png

backcountry kitchen kit and camera bag
rgM9y3fh.png

Even the small ones can fit a lot more than at first glance.

Another for Kifaru pullouts here. They're thin and light but resilient. I've had a pair of small pullouts that I've been using for four or five years now. Get some.

they're holding up great! i have two that i'm always using regardless of the trip - one for my first aid kit (i have a red paracord as a zipper pull so it's even easier to spot it) and another for holding misc. tools like the emberlit, folding saw, etc. that i've used since i got them and they still look brand new. i especially like that it opens flat so i can access all the contents easily with nothing buried in the bottom so i don't have to take anything out to access the very bottom...the loops on each end is also handy if i want to put a carabiner on it to hang on the outside of the pack or tree or something for quicker access while still keeping it off the ground.
Excellent, thanks! I also use ziplocks, but they always allow air to leak in and inflate on me, which I find annoying...

Anyone know where to find the Kifaru pullouts in the original white sil material? The coyote versions aren't as translucent.

You might be able to put up a WTB on the Kifaru forums sale/trade section. Otherwise you may be OOL.

Anyone know where to find the Kifaru pullouts in the original white sil material? The coyote versions aren't as translucent.

I don't think they make them anymore in that color, but you might have some luck on the secondary market.

Back