• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Paddle Strops

NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Two sided paddle strops (smooth side up both sides). If you're located outside the U.S. please contact for quote, will ship within 48hrs of payment via USPS first class and tracking will be provided.

Used some nice heavy/firm 8-9oz double shoulder veg tanned leather, the leather has a little give but not much and takes pastes / sprays well. If you like I can load free of charge one or both sides with your choice of diamond paste or you can purchase a small jar (please message me). I have from 0.25 micron up to 5 micron paste. The strops can also be used with traditional stick/bar type compounds however I recommend lightly sanding before hand, this will give the compound something to adhere to.

Handles are made from nice clean pieces of poplar that are planed, ripped, cut to length, handle is traced then cut, routed and then sanded using multiple grits finishing with 400. The stropping area each side is made perfectly flat by first marking with pencil and then hand sanding on a piece of glass using a 3m PSA backed abrasive film. Leather and wood are cleaned, scored and then attached with contact cement.

Strop dimensions: O.A.L is approximately 15", width is 2", stropping area each side is approximately 10" x 2".

Asking $32ea shipped within the United States.
(TWO AVAILABLE)

zVYyGM3h.jpg

qvgfyJeh.jpg

NXjvehmh.jpg

I7ZRqr9h.jpg

u9PsG6qh.jpg

0PUUVGqh.jpg

Last edited:
Is there still a strop for sale?? If so, I will take it. Please email me at: Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Back