Pala and Kaanchi return to Nepal (Donations sought)

Bawanna

Hey Gang,

On January 28, Pala, that's Yangdu's father and Kaanchi, that's Yangdu's sister will return to Nepal. Temporarily.

HI as usual is all about quality and Pala will spend time at the shop making sure the Kami's are making knives up to HI standards. Shop organization and protocol will be on the agenda. Things perhaps became a bit lax after Pala came to Reno, so he will remove the lax so to speak.

They are seeking donations of light weight clothing, T Shirts, Hats, or used cell phones, that sort of thing.
All to be distributed to the kami's and their families. HI is also known for taking care of their workers.
They will take these donations with them so time is kind of short.

Cash as always would also help towards the Kami medical funds.

I'll have to get back to you with an address to send stuff. Want to make sure I provide the correct one and not mess up.

Good afternoon to all.
Any one want to send light weight donation please send to address below.

Himalayan Imports
3495 Lakeside Dr.
PMB #69
Reno NV 89509
Once father arrives in Nepal we will see more quality knives and Swords for 2017.
As always we thank you all for your supports to HI and Kamis

What sort of clothing? Sizes? I hope to send a nice care package. I don't know what the climate is like there. Short-sleeve T-shirts, Long sleeve? Maybe some wind-breakers? Light rain gear?
Warm hats, rain hats?

This is very exciting, I've been looking for a way to 'give back'.

More details like stwm said. Any preference on things and when would they like to be donated by in order to make the 28th trip. Thanks

I know there are a lot of kids in the kami families. Don't know much more.

I'll seek more details and report back.

OK, Aunties says long sleeve, short sleeve no matter. Kids clothes always good. I think primarily looking for relatively light stuff since they will take as luggage/baggage.

Any clothing items help. I need to enlist the missus to recon possibilities to send.

Pala and Kanchhi is leaving 01/28/2016, so donations should be in Reno by then. Kids clothes sought, all sizes. If anyone is in the SF Bay Area, you can drop donations off at my house, I'll be making a trip to Reno to drop off my donations in person before 01/28/2016. Not sure of the date yet, but could very be next week, while my daughter is still off for winter break.

Awww! Man! Im pretty much nudist and bare footer so dont have much clothes but would some gold, Bitcoin, or cash suffice? I do have some of that:D

HI received donated money cloths,
Thank you

Children cloth donation would be a great, thank you

I've got a box of laundered size medium and large men's tee shirts ready to go. I might pick through my daughter's closet before I tape it up.

She's a bit of an Amazon like her mother even though she is just 6, so her stuff might fit some of the older girls. She's a full head taller than her 8 year old God-sister.

Anyone know how the kamis are on watches? Do any of them need a new one?

You making watches in the off season when it's too cold to build pools?

Photos showing some previously donated clothing being put to good use:

Sheath
maker Sarki Sham's daughters wearing the donated clothes from forum member,
Big smile on their face
I will try to post more picture when I get some free time
Thank you all for your donations

Sheath maker Sham's kids wearing donated clothing.
Happy kids!

Sham's new born baby

Sent a big box of clothes and phones. This is our reminder to get them there before Pala and Kaanchi return to Nepal!

25.4lbs of guys' shirts and girls' clothes heading to Reno as we speak. Hope some of it fits:D

Back