Photos Patina thread

today791.jpg

After a few years of natural patina this one was polished. That looked nice for a few days, but something wasn’t right. It now wears a more uniform forced patina. I wanted to try something new and tried to hide all the scratches.
Yw3eOFR.jpg

After a few years of natural patina this one was polished. That looked nice for a few days, but something wasn’t right. It now wears a more uniform forced patina. I wanted to try something new and tried to hide all the scratches.
Yw3eOFR.jpg
Im usually not a fan of forced patina, but yours looks really good. Nice and uniform.

What I like about a natural patina is that it is constantly evolving. It changes according to the light, you can see patterns. Sometimes sublime but sometimes not very happy. It's a bit like our companion's face which can be tired or marked before becoming sublime again.

I hope it is OK that I asked this but can anyone be so mind and post a picture or two of how patina can look on a GEC 86 dressed in tortoise?
I recently got it as a very generous gift from my wife but she got a bit shocked when I told her about carbon..

Last edited:
Simply outstanding example both of knife & patina :cool: Admire that bolster, is it Damascus or engraved? Really suits the knife, want one :D:eek:

Regards, Will
Thank you. :)
"Jacknife" carbon blade (90MCV8), mosaic damascus bolster, deer bone handle.
Made by Jérôme Bellon (but I'm not sure I can put the link to his website here...)o_O

Back