1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pattern Weld Chef SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by G L Drew, Jan 25, 2019.

1. G L Drew

G L Drew KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 3, 2005
    A repost at a much lower price.
    I forged this one very thin to be a slicer. I saw Julia Child filet an anchovy with a knife similar to this one.
    I forged this with 102 layers of 15n20 and 1084 steel heat treated to. 58-60 Rc with three normalizing and two tempering cycles. This assures a fine grain throughout the blade.
    The spine is rounded for folks who like to choke up on their chef knives
    Flat grind
    Desert ironwood handle. I have had knives in my kitchen for over 10 years with this wood that still look great.
    Overall length: 12 3/4 inches
    Blade: 8 inches

SOLD delivered within the US. My PayPal and email address is [email protected]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. golfer1

golfer1

Nov 24, 2016
    Nice work, love the damascus

3. CapitalizedLiving

CapitalizedLiving

Dec 1, 2007
    Best knife on the market right now, period. I wish I needed it... hopefully a chef comes along and sees this holy grail.

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2001
    I just had the pleasure of dealing with Drew. Great knife and top notch service.
    Thanks