• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pattern Weld Chef SOLD

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I forged this 135 layers of 1084 and 15N20 steels. Both are high carbon steel but the 15N20 has nickel in the alloy making it more resistant to the acid when etched.
Flat grind with a rounded spine for you chefs who like to choke up on your knives.
I heat treated this with digitally controlled equipment to a hardness of 58-60 Rc with attention to a fine grain throughout the blade
Macassar ebony handle. I have had this piece of wood in my shop for over 20 years waiting for just the right blade. I never guessed how expensive this wood has become until I checked it on the internet. I should have invested in a couple of truckloads. The handle is especially comfortable and the shape makes it easy to index to the direction of the cut.
Overall length is 12 7/8 inches with a 8 inch blade. height of the blade at the index finger is 1 1/2 inches.

SOLD delivered within the US. I will ship to other countries but additional postage would apply. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back