1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Pattern Weld

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by G L Drew, Jan 10, 2018.

1. G L Drew

G L Drew KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 3, 2005
    90 layer 15N20 and 1095 with a twist
    Heat treated to Rc 58-60 with attention to a fine grain
    Flat grind
    Mystery wood handle. This came from a pallet that a friend received from Brazil. It is dense and hard and I had it stabilized
    Overall length: 12 inches
    Blade: 7 inches
    Leather scabbard with a belt loop

$250 delivered via USPS Priority Mail within the US. My PayPal and email address is [email protected] Please feel free to contact me with other payment methods.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dawkind, baddeal7, argel55 and 2 others like this.
  2. GU3

GU3

Sep 11, 2014
    Must have been a nice pallet, nice knife

Jsega51 likes this.
  3. Dragons Breath Knives

Dragons Breath Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 24, 2014
    Diggin the etch!! How long did she cook for?

4. G L Drew

G L Drew KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 3, 2005
    Hard to know, my etchant is at about 40 degrees some days. I cycle the etch for 20 minutes, rub it dry and return to the etchant until it looks right. I guess this one took 3-4 cycles.

5. Dragons Breath Knives

Dragons Breath Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 24, 2014
    Fine looking piece!!!!!!!!