1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Paulo Balzano

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Heineken, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. P-Blade

P-Blade

Apr 5, 2016
    70 backers pledged $29,687 to help bring this project to life. < I am simply amazed by this. How can an unknown "knife maker" create a kick starter campaign and have some much money basically given to him. Also how can he just take the money and act like nothing has happen. :eek:

Charlie Mike likes this.
  2. Foghorn Leghorn Fan

Foghorn Leghorn Fan Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Positive proof that the statement "There's a sucker born every minute" is a huge underestimate.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Charlie Mike likes this.
  3. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Have the knives shipped? Did anyone get anything?

4. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    His Instagram is now private. It is a shame, since the knife seemed to be quite nice.....

5. brancron

brancron Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Balzano has now set his Instagram page to private and has not updated the Kickstarter page Since May 4th. It appears that he intends to simply pretend that nothing ever happened.

Edit: Oops, just saw that miso2 already mentioned this.

miso2 likes this.
  6. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    That's crazy. I mean, did I expect otherwise? No. but how many scams is he going to succeed in under the same name?

7. P-Blade

P-Blade

Apr 5, 2016
    I follow him on IG and he has not posted anything relevant to the Mars Knife since he made the promise that they will ship out by 07/31.
    I keep waiting to see if someone will ask for their knife in the comments of any of his posts but so far no one has done so.

8. brancron

brancron Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Before he went private I made a simple comment asking what the status of the Mars folders was (this was after the July 31 date had come and gone); he immediately deleted my comment and blocked me. I think that's his standard practice now.

neal70, Charlie Mike and LCKT707 like this.
  9. P-Blade

P-Blade

Apr 5, 2016
    I guess that's why I haven't seen any comments relating to the Mars knives. Feel bad for all of those that put some money into his Kickstarter.

LCKT707 likes this.
  10. LCKT707

LCKT707 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Why does this behavior seem to be becoming the norm for any maker that gets criticized or questioned on IG?! What a toxic platform that I'm starting to loathe using.

Charlie Mike likes this.
  11. Heineken

Heineken

Mar 23, 2012
    Is it the platform that is the issue or the unethical knife makers? Placing blame on instagram is like placing blame on a gun for pulling the trigger. That said IG should start banning these unethical users

bhyde and Charlie Mike like this.
  12. Ratman79

Ratman79

Jan 5, 2016
    How stupid are folks to keep giving this Balzano person money?

Charlie Mike and Mo2 like this.
  13. Heineken

Heineken

Mar 23, 2012
    Has anyone on blade forums purchased a MARS folder? Have you received it? Don't feel bad if you did, Balzano has duped many others before you

14. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Wire Fraud

The four essential elements of the federal felony of wire fraud are:
    "(1) that the defendant voluntarily and intentionally devised or participated in a scheme to defraud another out of money;
    (2) that the defendant did so with the intent to defraud;
    (3) that it was reasonably foreseeable that interstate wire communications would be used; and
    (4) that interstate wire communications were in fact used)"
    Manual of Model Criminal Jury Instructions for the District Courts of the Eighth Circuit 6.18.1341 (West 1994)

"fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. "

neal70 and Charlie Mike like this.
  15. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    His Instagram is up again. I hoped that he apologizes and makes things right, such that I may convince myself to purchase the Mars knife, which I liked.
    But after reading what he said in one of the new posts (Aug 9), I will never deal with this guy. Quote (conversation with Mo2):

16. Armadew

Armadew Reisloafer Platinum Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Incredible.

17. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Wow. Sounds like an excellent business person.
    :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  18. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    i have a screenshot but i cant find it atm of a post he deleted. basically he said he's having trouble with the estimation of getting them done.

but in all honesty i dont think he's going to come through.

19. Heineken

Heineken

Mar 23, 2012
    What great response for being months late on delivery

20. RLDubbya

RLDubbya HMFIC

Dec 21, 2016
    I can hear her calling me
    Doncha hear her calling me now?
    C17H21NO4 is her name
    My life is her game.