• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Paulo Balzano

70 backers pledged $29,687 to help bring this project to life. < I am simply amazed by this. How can an unknown "knife maker" create a kick starter campaign and have some much money basically given to him. Also how can he just take the money and act like nothing has happen. :eek:

His Instagram is now private. It is a shame, since the knife seemed to be quite nice.....

Balzano has now set his Instagram page to private and has not updated the Kickstarter page Since May 4th. It appears that he intends to simply pretend that nothing ever happened.

Edit: Oops, just saw that miso2 already mentioned this.

That's crazy. I mean, did I expect otherwise? No. but how many scams is he going to succeed in under the same name?

Balzano has now set his Instagram page to private and has not updated the Kickstarter page Since May 4th. It appears that he intends to simply pretend that nothing ever happened.

Edit: Oops, just saw that miso2 already mentioned this.

I follow him on IG and he has not posted anything relevant to the Mars Knife since he made the promise that they will ship out by 07/31.
I keep waiting to see if someone will ask for their knife in the comments of any of his posts but so far no one has done so.

I keep waiting to see if someone will ask for their knife in the comments of any of his posts but so far no one has done so.

Before he went private I made a simple comment asking what the status of the Mars folders was (this was after the July 31 date had come and gone); he immediately deleted my comment and blocked me. I think that's his standard practice now.

Before he went private I made a simple comment asking what the status of the Mars folders was (this was after the July 31 date had come and gone); he immediately deleted my comment and blocked me. I think that's his standard practice now.

I guess that's why I haven't seen any comments relating to the Mars knives. Feel bad for all of those that put some money into his Kickstarter.

Why does this behavior seem to be becoming the norm for any maker that gets criticized or questioned on IG?! What a toxic platform that I'm starting to loathe using.

Is it the platform that is the issue or the unethical knife makers? Placing blame on instagram is like placing blame on a gun for pulling the trigger. That said IG should start banning these unethical users

Has anyone on blade forums purchased a MARS folder? Have you received it? Don't feel bad if you did, Balzano has duped many others before you

Wire Fraud

The four essential elements of the federal felony of wire fraud are:
"(1) that the defendant voluntarily and intentionally devised or participated in a scheme to defraud another out of money;
(2) that the defendant did so with the intent to defraud;
(3) that it was reasonably foreseeable that interstate wire communications would be used; and
(4) that interstate wire communications were in fact used)"
Manual of Model Criminal Jury Instructions for the District Courts of the Eighth Circuit 6.18.1341 (West 1994)

"fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. "

His Instagram is up again. I hoped that he apologizes and makes things right, such that I may convince myself to purchase the Mars knife, which I liked.
But after reading what he said in one of the new posts (Aug 9), I will never deal with this guy. Quote (conversation with Mo2):

i have a screenshot but i cant find it atm of a post he deleted. basically he said he's having trouble with the estimation of getting them done.

but in all honesty i dont think he's going to come through.

His Instagram is up again. I hoped that he apologizes and makes things right, such that I may convince myself to purchase the Mars knife, which I liked.
But after reading what he said in one of the new posts (Aug 9), I will never deal with this guy. Quote (conversation with Mo2):

What great response for being months late on delivery

Back