Pay It Forward -- it's been a while

That is the most ridiculous shit I've heard in a long time Don. Don't let it in.

I get the warm and fuzzies, not a common occurrence, whenever I visit this thread! If you're thinking of getting involved, take it from me, the feeling is priceless!!
Joe

Joe...I quite agree with you. I have gifted a lot, and I get great enjoyment out of it.
So yes, I still do gift...primarily now to deployed military and law-enforcement officers, but I no longer get very explicit about it.

Last edited:
Wow, the generosity around here is astounding sometimes!
I can't believe some of the knives being freely given away and it makes me happy to be a paying member to help support this type of community.
Now I just need to hope someone else has some more unloved GECs laying around since I sure can't afford one any other way :foot:

This will be my very first gec. And I'm pretty stoked about it.

👍👍👍👍

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Dsun, I notice you listed that domino for sale on instagram 4 days ago. Must have been the day after you got it? If its because the scale needs refinishing or something please let me know.

Very generous of you, Tasmaniac, to offer up a knife dressed up in such a unique and distictive ironwood burl scale!

I've got a SOG seal pup in great condition that I'll throw into the mix. I dont have a sheath for it but they're readily available.
I'd like to limit this to a contributing member of the community with a solid reputation.

Dsun, I notice you listed that domino for sale on instagram 4 days ago. Must have been the day after you got it? If its because the scale needs refinishing or something please let me know.

Very generous of you, Tasmaniac, to offer up a knife dressed up in such a unique and distictive ironwood burl scale!

I've got a SOG seal pup in great condition that I'll throw into the mix. I dont have a sheath for it but they're readily available.
I'd like to limit this to a contributing member of the community with a solid reputation.

That's too bad. I've been waiting to pick something up that I think I will use, and when I do that I will contribute something back of equal or higher value. This system, and this community, thrives on its members. It's really too bad that someone is taking advantage of it, and us.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Damn shame Dsun. If this is true. And he should know.

Last edited:
That is the same pattern on a custom made set of scales. The likelihood of that not being the same knife would be astronomical. That is sad. I would hope for people to respect each other and the tools they offer to share.

Damn shame Dsun. If this is true. And he should know. I notice nothing was offered up to "Pay it Forward" either.

Don't know about the selling situation but he had offered a zt 0560 which I claimed.
I was excited to get that for my little brother since he just started in the knife world :)

Don't know about the selling situation but he had offered a zt 0560 which I claimed.
I was excited to get that for my little brother since he just started in the knife world :)

Thanks for correcting me. I just hate to see a good thing go bad.

Good catch Steve.......but all of a sudden I'm nauseous.
Wanna bet we never hear from him again??
I know the OP said there should be no limitations, but on the first page someone with 59 posts, here less than a year pisses all over a really good thing.
Ugh

I am afraid this has tainted this post though. People will be afraid to contribute now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dont lose faith, guys! I for one, really would like to see this thread last longer than the past couple times. Ive even got another offering in the mix, and Id sure like to be on the receiving end this time, too. Lets keep it rolling on!

Dont lose faith, guys! I for one, really would like to see this thread last longer than the past couple times. Ive even got another offering in the mix, and Id sure like to be on the receiving end this time, too. Lets keep it rolling on!

I agree, don't let it kill the thread. There are a ton of good folks here and the pay it forward is a great idea. I wouldn't have offered a knife if I didn't have faith.

I know this SOG will be used by someone, it's begging to be put to work!

That's the kind of thing that killed the last series of PIF threads. I was quite involved in those until I unknowingly gifted a couple knives to a scammer. That kinda ruined it for me for a while. I've still got a couple of knives from those threads a few years ago that don't get used much. When I get home, I'll dig them out and post them to keep this rolling.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Let's try to push past this, I know that it will be hard for some people to contribute but we need not let one bad apple spoil the bunch. I'd like to offer up a cold steel xl voyager, vaquero. I just got it last week, have carried less than 5 times. I think it is a great knife, but I'd like to see this thread continue[emoji106] I have the original box, and it hasn't been sharpened. I bought it to experience the triad lock and to see a taiwan made cold steel. Let me know if you're interested!
b0a9204c89c24f7524f8ba2556be2852.jpg

Last edited:
1) This thread rocks.

2) For you (you send me $7 to ship and the knife(s) is(are) yours):

A] Nighthaxan Higo - will need sharpened, bottom knife in this picture
27680306336_080d4e8a06_c.jpg

B] Case Peanut in teak wood with an awesome shield
27378807295_cb408f2761_c.jpg

Have you heard back on that? Legitimately curious.

No I haven't but don't let that taint this. I had one going for fishing gear in another local forum and it was awesome seeing young people get gear and go outdoors :)

On another note; members here are amazing!! Learned so much already!

I think this is a great idea and also salute SurfingGringo's generosity in his similar thread of a week or so ago.

Back