• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Paypal, nothing but headaches

My account doesn't work. According to Paypal customer service, it does. My password doesn't work, my security question doesn't work either. in order to cancel my account, I was told I have to go into my profile and cancel it from there. If I can't get in, how can I cancel my account. i'm still trying to close my account.

I went over to PayDirect on Yahoo. let's see if things work any better there.

Wow Dirk!
frown.gif
Never heard of that kind of problem. Did you call them on the phone? If you yell loud enough they seem to move, and help a little more.

Well, Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.
smile.gif

<center>
wreath_merrychristmas_lg_clr.gif
</center>

------------------
us_marine_corps_md_clr.gif
BC... For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know... Semper Fi

I've had nothing but grief from PayPal after they facilitated a theft of 90.00 from my account and will not assist me with any information for lawful prosecution of the perpetrator. It's a crap shoot, no better than sending instant cash if the other party is dishonest.

Good Luck

At least I didn't loose any money. Sorry to hear about the bad luck Sarge.
frown.gif

I was able to get a hold of them on the phone. They reset my password today so i could get my account straightened out. Guess what, the new password they gave me doesn't work! Back to the phone and we'll see if I can't finish this once and for all.

Are you sitting comfortably? Good, lets begin...
I was super stoked when pp finally went international and registered with them on the 5th of Nov. The acct verification 1 cent deposits went in on the 9th but the crucial 3 digit store numbers never appeared, so I couldn't log in and get my $ that's been sent to me. The problem was going to be fixed by the 17th. 12 emails and 4 phone calls later my account is still floating empty in c space and the $400 that's been sent to me is still in pp's grubby hands. They can put 2 x 1 cent into my account but do you think they'll send my money to me while they fix the 3 digit problem? No way! Have sent then a fax today with the photo ID they've now requested (!!), who knows, I may see my money by xmas.
frown.gif

Ya, problems here too. Suddenly my USA account was closed. I guess they discovered that although I have a US address I live up here. Why that should matter, I don't know. So I tried to register in the International. But I can't do that since I'm still registered in the USA. So I have to delete the US registration. But the warning says if I delete the USA registration I won't be allowed to reregister. What's my conclusion? To hell with them. If they figure it out, maybe I'll be interested again.

I recently sold several knives and had buyers use paypal to pay me. Guess what? If you collect over $500 in six months, you can't get the money out unless you agree to pay them a fee. I had $560 in there and was forced to pay a total of $18 to get it out. It seems like bait and switch to me, and I will never use it again.

They gotta make money somewhere.......

Nothing in this world is truly free. There is always a catch.....

I think we, here in the forum, pretty much have no real need for Paypal. Especially if you can get screwed anyway!

Back