1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We will be conducting maintenance tonight to update server processes. Downtime may be 1-2 hours or more, starting at 10:15PM Eastern.

Pearl Harbor day

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by littlehoot, Dec 7, 2016.

1. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    When you are on the wrong end of a full US Navy onslaught, you are not in a good place.

2. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    I have a niece born on this "day of infamy" ;) I tease her about it, but she's a real sweetheart.

Japan is a great ally today, no doubt. But it wasn't always so.

During WWII, some of the wholesale war crimes they committed were well beyond the pale of even what's considered "all fair in war."

During my jr high years, our principal would invite his friend, Mr. Burgess, who was a survivor of the Bataan Death March to come speak to us each year around this time. I don't see how Mr. Burgess could recount for us the inhuman, atrocious treatment he & his brothers would receive on a moment by moment basis from the Japanese. He weighed 172 lbs when he was drafted...he weighed 77 lbs when he was liberated by some Filipinos.

Those "talks" with Mr. Burgess were a TRUE public service provided by my principal and a history lesson every American needs.

It's good to forgive, if Mr. Burgess did <he did> then I should too. But he impressed on us each year to NEVER FORGET.

Forever be mindful of 9/11....hell, we'd better remember the Maine, and for that matter, let us always "Remember the Alamo!" to boot!

6850 likes this.
  3. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    2403 had all taken that day.

Never forget their sacrifice.