Persian

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by nls8520, Dec 1, 2010.

1. SurvivetheCollapse

SurvivetheCollapse

Oct 27, 2009
    Yea man, no raining on my parade. Figured that much, was really hoping I just lucked out.

I will keep searching. And $500 is really ridiculous.

And thanks for you insight by the way.

2. SurvivetheCollapse

SurvivetheCollapse

Oct 27, 2009

Too big and no use? Wanna sell it lol?

If so I will take it, put money in your pocket ASAP.:D

3. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    Hey no prob...Sorry if I rained (actually...monsooned is more correct...don't know if it's a true verb?) on your parade, but that's what's out there.

I also thought about sending an email to the guy that has no use for his Persian, but then I thought about Christmas expenses and the fact that I have a BUNCH of preorders (now that Spyderco has come out with their 2011 catalog, I am in a frenzy for that...so I guess more preorders are in my near future) and I truly don't need ANOTHER Persian, really. The one I have is kept like a treasure...
    If I was in your shoes, I would give it a try (sending an email to that guy about the Persian): it's Xmas, maybe he would be more inclined to let it go and make another soul a tad happier. :)

Well...happy hunting! Perseverance is key in this matter.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  4. SurvivetheCollapse

SurvivetheCollapse

Oct 27, 2009
    Yea I am going to send an email, I am determined to get one.:thumbup:

Also really glad I found this thread, I got on the "list" for those interested in Persians.

I was told by Emerson as well if there is enough interest, they are going to do another run. So if anyone reading this thread, guest or member, is interested, please send Emerson an email stating your interest.

5. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001
    i've always liked the p-tacs and eki outta bring 'em back, but bring 'em back just as they were, no waves, that would destroy the clean lines imho, and i would pass more than likely if they waved it.

i've had several p-tacs, my fav being my ECA collectors with the ZBG and satin finish,

6. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    That is VERY interesting. When I emailed Emerson about 4 months ago, all they told me was that the Persian was just out of production and that's it. No mention of a run if people were interested. Wow, that's cool.
    I'll shoot them another email then.

PS: when I got my other Emerson, a GJ, in the warranty card that came with the knife, under the suggestions section I wrote "Please start producing the Persian folder again". Talk about obsession uh? :D

7. SurvivetheCollapse

SurvivetheCollapse

Oct 27, 2009
    Yea I am not pulling your leg either. I was stoked man.

I don't think they will mind if I posted their message, if so I can delete it or a mod can or something. But yea obviously it is not definite, only if there is enough interest, so here is what was said so people know it is serious and send an email their way if interested.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Emerson Knives, Inc. Customer Service. Yes, we are considering doing another run of Persian Knives if there is enough interest. Would you like me to add your name to the list? If so please provide your telephone number.

Thank You.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Emerson Knives Customer Service

Emerson, Inc.

PO Box 4180

Torrance, CA 90510-4180

P 310.212.7455*

F 310.212.7289*

www.emersonknives.com

www.emersonbrandapparel.com

*As of Jan 1 our phone number will be 310.539.5633

*As of Jan 1 our fax number will be 310.539.5609"

8. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    Sent them an email too (I also suggested it would be cool if they also make them satin or stonewash, besides the usual all black). Hope they will do this run, I'd be all over it!

9. dada

dada

Mar 23, 2008
    i would love the persian emerson back in production. in this matter i sent them an email a few months ago :)

10. nls8520

nls8520

Jan 20, 2010
    What is interesting here is I also contacted Emerson about a month ago asking if there would/could be a run of Persians, and was also told the knife is on hold with no eta. I have contacted them again yesterday after hearing there was now a list, and my name is now on that list! I guess with enough of us requesting a run, the demand is there. In regards to the finish option, that is still undecided. I did suggest that a stonewashed finish would be great, but I will be happy with any finish just to get a new production Persian would be outstanding.

11. mp40smg

mp40smg

Nov 18, 2009
    Definitely considering it...
    It's hard to let is go as it is such a cool thing. Even though it's never seen any use, it's still tough to give it up.

12. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    Question: you contacted them via email or phone? I did send them an email (I just like to have a paper trail...) but got no answer so far...

13. nls8520

nls8520

Jan 20, 2010
    Hey Legion, I sent them an email yesterday and received a response today. The email from Emerson basically said they will add my name to the list and they don't know at this time what finishes will be available if they go ahead with another run.

14. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    Oh man, no answer to mine. I sent it yesterday but no answer at all. :confused:

15. SurvivetheCollapse

SurvivetheCollapse

Oct 27, 2009
    I contacted them on Sunday via email, they got back to me on Monday.

16. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    What am I, the pick of the litterbox? :D:D:D :p:p:p

I'll wait a couple of days and send them another email, hopefully this time someone will just answer back. Crossing my fingers...

17. SurvivetheCollapse

SurvivetheCollapse

Oct 27, 2009
    I know the feeling. I sent Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry an email a week ago, still waiting to hear back.

Trying to figure out how long is an appropriate time before I send another email.

18. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    I'd say that a week is more than enough. Most businesses will reply within 1-2 business days. You are definitely within your right to email them again.

On the other hand, re. Persian, I got an email about half an hour ago and I am on the list too! Oh yeah! :thumbup:

19. SurvivetheCollapse

SurvivetheCollapse

Oct 27, 2009
    Rock on man:thumbup:

20. Greaves

Greaves

Oct 24, 2008
    Emailed. :)