Phosphor Bronze Washers???

In regards to bronze washers vs the stock nylatron washers. I find a minimal difference in them with one I have multiple of the same model. It's slightly smoother as less pivot tightness is required to keep the blade centered with the double detent ball handles. Single detent has seemed the same to me like on Tigers and KACKs.

Gentleman, could I ask a semi-related question.

Not exactly a pure Emerson knife but I have the Kershaw Emersons 6k and 4KXL, the wave works fine, but the action isn't as slick as my PM2. No blade play, happy with blade centering. Just stiffy, stiffy, stiffy. I guess that is better than a lot of play but Eh..... if I could get it PM2 smooth, it'd be great!

For these models which I understand have polymer washers, would changing to phosphor bronze help?

If anyone here or from Emerson could guide me then on my options as to where to get the appropriate ones, I'd be very grateful.

I tried to get interest on this thread here but so far no replies. I live in Australia, so if anyone knows of a local source, even better. Cheers, all.

Did anyone ever find phosphor bronze washers for Emerson Knives?

I measured the washers in my CQC-7 and they’re: .250” inside diameter, .620” outside diameter and .030” thick.

I’ve scoured the web and cannot find any. A buddy of mine put these washers in his Emerson and in my opinion it made a huge difference.

I made some washers and a pivot pin from ampco 45 last night.... I’ll let you know how they work

Awesome. I’ll look forward to hearing the results. Some people say it makes no or minimal difference but it made a BIG difference on my buddies knife.

Checking this thread still to see if there is someone who knows where to get correct size washers?

The washers don't have to be the correct thickness (we can mod that ourselves by just sanding and fitting). But they do need to be the same size hole and circumference.

So anyone know where we can order from?

Titanium pivot pin and ampco 45 washers just put them in tonight, dry no lube and wow what a difference, I made the pivot pin and washers and I think I’ll make half a dozen more washers

Titanium pivot pin and ampco 45 washers just put them in tonight, dry no lube and wow what a difference, I made the pivot pin and washers and I think I’ll make half a dozen more washers

Hi, Is there any way I can get a pair of washer from you. Do you have an email address I can contact you?

Back