Photo contest, shoot your Emerson's with a patriotic theme.

Enter away more images the merrier, I see three images I like. But am not say which one is a bell ringer. Too bad I am not offering some prize I am sure there would be a few more entries.

Thank you my friend, I'll actually think about the next one.

I have a hard time with themes for photos. I didn't want to make it, "show your eki with your AR and Flag".

Maybe if there was a week or two more there would be more entries. I walked out last night just before dark. No time this week.

I have a hard time with themes for photos. I didn't want to make it, "show your eki with your AR and Flag".

Maybe if there was a week or two more there would be more entries. I walked out last night just before dark. No time this week.

Well the point of the contact was not for the production of same old boring images that have been done before, but people to do something creative out of the box. As I may have said I was a freelance photo journalist over 20 years, and many time was challenge with a boring assignment. My challenge was always to come up with a photo that a editor said to himself, wow. That guy was creative, or that guy came up with a special image to illustrate a story. My motivation was simple, I want a happy editor, who would call again.

When I retired I gave a lecture at a local photography club, about some of the interesting photo assignments. At the end of the lea true, I asked if any one of the 40-50 people were up for a challenge assignment. The answer was yes, so I proposed they all go to the local post office. Pick up a certain size Priority Mail Box I had brought along with me. It was basically a cube shape if assembled.

I told them all this is your prop, I am leaving behind this sample so you all get the right size. Now you can do anything you want with the box that was still flat. I told them I would return for the next meeting, and judge their images. If memory serves me correctly about 15 people produced the one image I ask for. The contest came down to two images that were very creative. Because those two people though outside the box.

With your specific experience can you give advice as to how to make a successful entry? That would be helpful.

How about an example to show your style?

What my style was would be called environmental portraits, or people in action. Sports photography is a god example of people in action.

No more cheating, I gave you ideas when I mentioned the barber tools.

You have to use the computer that sit between the ears it is full of ideas, if you turn on the power button.

This is probably the best I can do, whether or not if budweiser is a good beer is a different discussion altogether

20140711_194012.jpg

I would honestly love too but don't have the time for it this week. That's why I mentioned an extension of the date. I usually always get in on these just because I like them. Most times I never enter for prizes either. Just for the comradery we have here.

Well you might take a chance, and shooting an image, and show off your imagination of being creative.

Like I said originally all I had time to do was walk out and take that pic before the dusk type light went out. If I had taken time to find a single prop the light would have been gone. I don't do studio lights. So how about a few more weeks?

First off let me say I was not available on MONDAY to post the photo contest results. I was in a Veterans Administration Hospital fighting for my life, was fortunate enough to say they saved my life, and got me home.

I will say with out the help efforts of the my Local Veterans Administration Hospital. I would not be here today to post this.

I will start out by saying I am also kind of disappointed I only had was it five or six images to judge. But we will do this again soon, and I have an idea for out next contest.

First place goes to the image I call Barbers Tools because I like the composition, the lighting, and it is all American.

Second place goes to U.S.N. Service. As it says American Sailor, lots of color and your eye is drawn into the image.

Third place goes to U.S.M.C. as what else say American, or America but a U.S. Marine in uniform.

I am kind of making this short, and sweet, not going on forever, I am very weak, am looking at a long rehabilitation, and this is my first time behind the keyboard.

Thank for your understanding,

Aka

THE BARBER TOOLS

20140416_101714_zpsbd3c3bd2.jpg

U.S.N. SERVICE

20140709_233601.jpg

U.S.M.C.

uhaoaJH.jpg

Sorry to hear about the hospital trip but glad your still with us. I wish you a speedy recovery! I will make a effort to take a picture for the next contest you put on. Best regards and well wishes, Ray

We're wishing you all the best, Pennypincher. Get yourself well and run us another contest!

We're wishing you all the best, Pennypincher. Get yourself well and run us another contest!

Well I am already thinking about an idea for the next photo contest. So you guys better get your cameras out, get your favorite Emerson out looking pretty, and push the starter button on the big computer that sits between your ears.

That there computer between them ears is one powerful tool. It will fool you into to thinking your body can't do S**T, or help your body do things, like ignore pain, and reaching unthinkable goals.

Back