1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photobucket and Others Restricting Service

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Boxer .45, Jun 24, 2017.

1. -Corey-

-Corey- Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2015
    I figured out a workaround for photobucket. Put ~original at the end of the url and it works for me.

photobucket.jpg~original

Could be helpful for anyone that wants to fix their broken pics without having to reupload them. I'm sure photobucket is a sinking ship though, so I don't know how long that will last.

bhyde likes this.
  2. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Whoa-- it works!

For now, as noted, but still a happy discovery.

Thanks! :)

~ P.

3. S.Alexander

S.Alexander

Jul 7, 2013
    [​IMG]

Yup it works for now... Strange

4. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    Yeah, it worked for me in the Auto knives picture thread... I'll give it a few days to see if it holds before I start digging into older posts.

~Chip

5. -Corey-

-Corey- Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2015
    The url with the ~original at the end is a direct link to the original full size image that you uploaded to photobucket, (if you paste that link into your address bar it will take you directly to the pic, not the photobucket library like the other links do) so using that link is a more direct path to the unfiltered image and I guess they either haven't thought about blocking those or haven't figured out how yet.

r8shell likes this.
  6. NCSlice

NCSlice Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Thanks @-Corey- !
    That's legit!