Photography Forum/Sub-Forum?

Hi, Spark.

I'm sorry if I was unclear: I was discussing the possibility of a single photography forum or sub–forum, not two.

I'm not going to create two separate photography forums in addition to the Gallery. If I create another forum on the topic, it'd be "Cameras: Equipment & How to Use it" or something similar. Let's not get too crazy with the topic drift and specialization.
I'm cornfused. No one mentioned two Photography forums.

I did mention that a Digital Equipment forum would also be a smart idea. See Ken's idea. But... neither is married to the other.

Evolute started this query with a wish for a Photography forum. I'd restart with that.

Coop

Hi Guys -

Would it be logical to place the photography hints and tips forum under the current gallery as a sub-topic? That is, in reality, what it would be in terms of the forum hierarchy.

I apologize in advance for sticking my nose in here.

best regards -

mqqn

I think it's a great idea. :thumbup: There are a lot of photography forums, but it would be great to have some discussion on the subject with the members here.

I suppose the problem is deciding if you want to have non-knife stuff in General, or knife stuff in Community. The former makes sense with The Gallery, but the latter makes sense for Gadgets and Gear. Maybe a coin toss? :confused:

I'd just like to chime in with my support for this idea - my photography skills are nearly nonexistent, yet with even some really simple tips from some scattered threads on this site, my pictures of things like knives have become much, much better. A centralized location to discuss all things related to photography sounds excellent to me. I'd love to have a place to go for critiques of pictures I take, without posting too much off topic stuff in W&SS or whatever other forum I'm frequenting.

I'm not ignoring this, I have other things I'm working on right now, sorry for the brevity

I will add my support to a photo sub forum,,I am a photo nut myself,,I have been trying to find time to show my few knives here but just have been to busy,,will see what I can do tomorrow,,maybe post a few and get some feedback,,anyway just my $.2:thumbup:

I certainly support this.

A hefty portion of the "fun" I get out of this marvellous site comes from the photographs ... from amateur to expert.

OK. Truth in posting. I have to admit I've admired Evolute's picture-taking skills for years now.:eek:

I'm not ignoring this, I have other things I'm working on right now, sorry for the brevity

Understood.

When you are ready, you can call me to iron out the details, if you want: (831) 325-6917.

P.S. Thank you, everyone, for the kind words.

Thanks for keeping this alive, Kevin. I am certain it will be an aid to the site overall. In a two dimensional forum format, clear photos are mandatory. :)

We will help. :thumbup:

Coop

Thanks, Kevin. Much appreciation. :thumbup:

Coop

Thanks, Kevin. The forum is gaining traction and there appears to be new interest. Nice.

I nominate/suggest Mike Spinak (Evolute) as a moderator. :thumbup:

I know he'd like to do a few things and be creative about the forum. Giving him presiding powers would be a vote of confidence.

Coop

I'd love to see this thread below continue, as it already has much good info. It's posted in the Gallery.

How to: The Photoshop Learning Thread

Any chance a moderator with these kinds of powers could move it to the Photography forum?

Thanks for your consideration.

Coop

Back