Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

37733736971_f9e81e4218_b.jpg

Jonny, how did you polish off the fasteners?

Mother's Mag polish and some q-tips. I'm gonna mask the handles off and sandblast the hardware soon. It will darken the screw heads up, knock down the shininess and kinda match the finish of the blade.

Bravo, did those scales darken from the oils on your hands, or is the picture just darker?

Yep, these antique micarta scales respond just as any other micarta handles. Wash them under hot running water and it lightens them up back to new looking. Oils from your hands will darken them up or you can even rub a coat of vaseline on them to really bring out that deep darkness of the micarta!

Mother's Mag polish and some q-tips. I'm gonna mask the handles off and sandblast the hardware soon. It will darken the screw heads up, knock down the shininess and kinda match the finish of the blade.

Yep, these antique micarta scales respond just as any other micarta handles. Wash them under hot running water and it lightens them up back to new looking. Oils from your hands will darken them up or you can even rub a coat of vaseline on them to really bring out that deep darkness of the micarta!
That's what I thought. I think it looks even better. The dark look really gives that antique micarta such a rich look!

Back