Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

That was a shout out to Nathan’s threat about editing posts to replace with pictures of my little pony. And to my daughter, whose collection includes mid size and large plush ponies, pony bedsheets and pony meat which naturally I’ve been feeding her. Her brother Luke was finally born yesterday, which was also the day my new Darth Vader father knife arrived. I gotta say it was a good day.

That was a shout out to Nathan’s threat about editing posts to replace with pictures of my little pony. And to my daughter, whose collection includes mid size and large plush ponies, pony bedsheets and pony meat which naturally I’ve been feeding her. Her brother Luke was finally born yesterday, which was also the day my new Darth Vader father knife arrived. I gotta say it was a good day.
Congratulations! I hope Luke likes pretty, pink ponies. Hand me downs are the lifestyle of the second born (at least at my house growing up). I was fortunate enough to have an older brother with similar tastes. I don’t think my folks would have altered the game plan had my older sibling been a pony loving, older sister. I probably would have had fewer/different friends.

A few weeks ago I got my first CPK, a FK with black micarta scales. It quickly became my favorite fixed blade. I don't foresee ever letting it go so I wanted to do a little something to make it mine. After Jo confirmed the screw size I got some titanium versions order. Today I finally had a chance to anodize some test samples. Blue and gold came out well but I was not able to get the higher voltage colors I normally can. Anything after 90vdc came out very muddy. I'll play around with etching them longer but might try some from a different supplier as well. The pictures show a raw, gold and medium blue. I'll post more pictures after more testing.Can't wait to get my HDFK so I can play with color combos against the antique micarta scales.
CPKFK004.jpg CPKFK001.jpg CPKFK002.jpg CPKFK003.jpg

I'll play around with etching them longer but might try some from a different supplier as well. The pictures show a raw, gold and medium blue. I'll post more pictures after more testing.
When I was doing a bunch of anodizing work, muddy colors usually happened on stuff that wasn't true grade 5 (6Al4V). I always got my Ti screws from Lunsford Racing, they had very good material quality control so I was able to get very consistent colors in the full spectrum :)

~Chip

When I was doing a bunch of anodizing work, muddy colors usually happened on stuff that wasn't true grade 5 (6Al4V). I always got my Ti screws from Lunsford Racing, they had very good material quality control so I was able to get very consistent colors in the full spectrum :)

~Chip
Thanks for the tip. I'll give Lunsford a look. I've never had issues before so I'm leaning toward a material problem as well.

A few weeks ago I got my first CPK, a FK with black micarta scales. It quickly became my favorite fixed blade. I don't foresee ever letting it go so I wanted to do a little something to make it mine. After Jo confirmed the screw size I got some titanium versions order. Today I finally had a chance to anodize some test samples. Blue and gold came out well but I was not able to get the higher voltage colors I normally can. Anything after 90vdc came out very muddy. I'll play around with etching them longer but might try some from a different supplier as well. The pictures show a raw, gold and medium blue. I'll post more pictures after more testing.Can't wait to get my HDFK so I can play with color combos against the antique micarta scales.
View attachment 964621 View attachment 964618 View attachment 964619 View attachment 964620
That's a cool idea. I'm not up on any anodizing technique, so I'm not sure if this is possible, but green would look pretty good.

That's a cool idea. I'm not up on any anodizing technique, so I'm not sure if this is possible, but green would look pretty good.

Green is the highest color, usually comes in around 95-105vdc depending on alloy :)

~Chip

Reactions: Cro
Where do you guys see green from Co's pics? I only see blue, gold-ish and Ti-ish colors. Am I missing something or are you just talking about experimenting with greenish hues down the road? I happen to like greenish too.

I believe Cro was shooting for green but it turned muddy above 90vdc :(

~Chip

View attachment 965224
I sold my NASK and traded back into this one the next day. I drank most of that bottle the night in between.

Good move! Since we're posting HDFKs...

cPZxP8v.jpg

Back