Qy0gN3B.jpg

Absolutely is! Mind giving us the run-down on them Rob? Beautiful :thumbsup:

AnotherDogDown17 AnotherDogDown17 that is a great picture of the group :cool:
Hard Knocks Hard Knocks Yes Sir!
Top to Bottom
Maple
Pecan
Ebony
If my history lesson is correct Nathan originally made four Fancy wood scales for the original field knife. The Osage never made it because of an issue with it. There we’re only these three ever offered to the public for sale. Finally there e reunited and “It feels So Good!”
Rob

Last edited:
Hard Knocks Hard Knocks Yes Sir!
Top to Bottom
Maple
Pecan
Ebony
If my history lesson is correct Nathan originally made four Fancy wood scales for the original field knife. The Osage never made it because of an issue with it. There we’re only these three ever offered to the public for sale. Finally there e reunited and “It feels So Good!”
Rob

Awesome! It's challenging to chase down those type of sets once they escape into the wild. I think the best I've done is two out of four of the one-off sets. Very cool.

They both feel good to me Dave, but it looks like Nathan tweaked the handle a bit on the production model. I’ll try to get some better comp pics a little later.:thumbsup:;)

Yeah I remember Nathan talking about the blade tweaks but couldn't remember about the handle. Those pictures you posted above did look like they might be slightly different. Thanks for taking time to post those :thumbsup:

They both feel good to me Dave, but it looks like Nathan tweaked the handle a bit on the production model. I’ll try to get some better comp pics a little later.:thumbsup:;)

Gus, I noticed the same thing you guys are talking about, from the pics you already posted. Viewing the proto, looks like the frame handle is a tiny hair by bigger than the scales. I think those pics bring it out quite well, but the difference is tiny-tiny-tiny!

Gus, I noticed the same thing you guys are talking about, from the pics you already posted. Viewing the proto, looks like the frame handle is a tiny hair by bigger than the scales. I think those pics bring it out quite well, but the difference is tiny-tiny-tiny!

Yes in the forward lower part where the index finger goes. Nathan pointed that out when N1ls mentioned something about a hot spot in his review of the proto. I think there are other subtle differences; such as, the proto handle appears to be a more curvy in the center. I’ll try to show that in some pics.

Looks like the production scales are a tad bit thicker on the production UFK than the prototype. Also as Nathan has previously stated, the production blade was tweaked to be a little more like the original Field knife at the tip. I measured the width just behind the forward fastener at 0.769 on the production and at 0.755 on the prototype. The width at the middle fastener is 0.855 on the production and 0.835 on the prototype.

Hmm8ErJ.jpg

NHwrEvk.jpg

mmZqtAv.jpg

sALJv08.jpg

X3uMRnY.jpg

lwkJa1q.jpg

LudJXFG.jpg

IR631YM.jpg

Back