Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

This came in today. Nice and warm, earthy tones for these scales paired with a comfortable but sure grip.

It's a change of pace for this model that is very welcome and pleasing. Great job, CPK!

HDGyP7y.jpg

The first batch of Utility Fighters (years ago) had tool marks. Last year's batch also had tool marks. They were "true to form" of the original. This new batch has fewer tool marks, in part due to a 15,000 pound Mori Seiki machining center doing a better job than the 9,000 pound Bridgeport mill I used to have (which was still a damn site better than a Haas) but we're also adding an extra cut and giving them a real quick kiss on the grinder before tumbling.

The idea behind the pattern (and CPK) was primarily good bang for the buck and high performance. An excellent tool. It wasn't intended to be a highly polished piece. But I recognize that people want it to be pretty. And throwing a few bucks at something non-functional like the aesthetics of the grind is still a part of optimizing the value of the knife for people. I added $10 and went from a rougher and finisher endmills to a rougher, finisher and a fresh cutter for a spring pass, the new Mori, and a few passes on a grinder. The end result isn't functionally different but it does look nicer and I think that does matter to people. I bumped the price $10 to do this. Folks on the pre-order are getting it at no extra charge.

I'm focused on providing cutting tools (and in this case a weapon) that perform at the highest standards by utilizing the finest materials and processes and design and engineering and putting money where it matters and keeping costs affordable by not sinking money where it doesn't. But, going forward, if I spend a few minutes and a belt or two grinding and make a nicer looking piece I'm going to. I think people want that.

They were already pretty good looking knives, if I do say so myself, simply because competent manufacturing and avoiding shortcuts tends to make nice looking work. But there was still some low hanging fruit...

Last edited:

If I could like those pics twice, I would!
Looks like a great place to set up camp for the hunt, and drink a few beers ;)

Seems like you got snowed out from that article. Sorry to hear that. Being forced out of the woods due to weather is one of the worst ways to end a hunting trip.
I hope that you get a chance to go back for some more.

The first batch of Utility Fighters (years ago) had tool marks. Last year's batch also had tool marks. They were "true to form" of the original. This new batch has fewer tool marks, in part due to a 15,000 pound Mori Seiki machining center doing a better job than the 9,000 pound Bridgeport mill I used to have (which was still a damn site better than a Haas) but we're also adding an extra cut and giving them a real quick kiss on the grinder before tumbling.

The idea behind the pattern (and CPK) was primarily good bang for the buck and high performance. An excellent tool. It wasn't intended to be a highly polished piece. But I recognize that people want it to be pretty. And throwing a few bucks at something non-functional like the aesthetics of the grind is still a part of optimizing the value of the knife for people. I added $10 and went from a rougher and finisher endmills to a rougher, finisher and a fresh cutter for a spring pass, the new Mori, and a few passes on a grinder. The end result isn't functionally different but it does look nicer and I think that does matter to people. I bumped the price $10 to do this. Folks on the pre-order are getting it at no extra charge.

I'm focused on providing cutting tools (and in this case a weapon) that perform at the highest standards by utilizing the finest materials and processes and design and engineering and putting money where it matters and keeping costs affordable by not sinking money where it doesn't. But, going forward, if I spend a few minutes and a belt or two grinding and make a nicer looking piece I'm going to. I think people want that.

They were already pretty good looking knives, if I do say so myself, simply because competent manufacturing and avoiding shortcuts tends to make nice looking work. But there was still some low hanging fruit...

They do look pretty but all mine get scratched to shit in about a month anyways.... I consider this my custom tactical anti-shine process proprietary to a thousand or so draw stokes and re sheaths!

The UF does have great lines as a fightery blade but not enough guard for my clumsy handling

I for one would luv to see this on the next batch of the UFKs and will gladly pay the price bump (feel free to charge me even more because I just like to have fun at your my own expense :D )

Mang! A new UFK with the newerr finish, acid washed, swedge top and AECM! Yum, yum, yum :) I'll take 2!

Back