Physical Fitness

Worn out cartilage is not a mental issue. Positive thinking won't grow it back. Herniated discs don't just pop back into place.

Train hard, but train smart.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Hahahaha, I'm only kidding. Kind of...

I love that super sore feeling you get after a workout and having to hobble around after a football game or practice. Those little injuries make it fun! The key part is that none of them last long though. One of the perks or being a teenager I guess, hahaha.

I get plenty sore hiking at a slow pace, but for 8 hours.

I talk to old people that walk into my bar, and when they look 80 and walking with spirit, i usually ask what kind of sports of activities they enjoy, all say hiking.
I can bet the old dudes in wheel chairs probably did impact sports.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Hahahaha, I'm only kidding. Kind of...

I love that super sore feeling you get after a workout and having to hobble around after a football game or practice. Those little injuries make it fun! The key part is that none of them last long though. One of the perks or being a teenager I guess, hahaha.

You only think they don't last long. Not trying to rain on your parade at all, but those little injuries have a cumulative effect
You'll probably start to really feel it in your late twenties or early thirties.

At 68, my ideas have changed radically. I watch all these juicy youngsters pushing their limits and wonder what they'll be doing 20-30 years later.
I didn't enjoy pain when I was young, and I certainly don't now!

VdW4pgV.jpg

I put this on the bulletin board at the gym I go to. I want to see how long it stays before someone removes it. They have no sense of humor. Big muscles and lots of tattoos, but no humor. :D

I'm 73 with lots of health problems, but I do what I can. The treadmills have built in TV sets and there are young ladies wearing yoga pants. ;)

I just want to add that running is bad for your joints in the long run (no pun intended).

Swimming is far better on your joints, and the rest of your body.

That's why I don't run. My knees hurt if I run much. Not interested in trying to work through it or find out why.

I my usual work is a pretty good work out. I usually come home absolutely worn out.

In the past I rode bicycles a lot. I hike a fair amount. My hiking was frequently an endurance thing some days as I was hurrying to the portion of a trail to take pictures in many cases.

For me physically fit starts on the inside. (Iodine) is a great place to start 95% of Americans are deficient. Thyroid regulate cellular function among other things., (tangy tangerine) is excellent,boost your immune system and gives me the 90 plus vitamins and minerals needed daily.

In the gym I stick mainly to compound movements, engaging more than one muscle seems to work best for me. 6 to 12 reps, 10 to 16 sets. I can't push myself now I have a umbilical hernia hopefully I get this fixed here shortly.
Most importantly is to enjoy whatever your doing.

http://bembu.com/iodine-benefits

http://pharmacistben.com/youngevity/youngevitys-beyond-tangy-tangerine/

Last edited:
I totally agree, I use orange triad plus greens religiously. Its the most loaded multi vitamin ive found and if i were to buy all the stuff in it separately it would cost a small fortune.

For me, body-weight exercises have always been a valuable part of my routine. Dips, pull-ups/chin-ups, push-ups, etc. are all excellent movements and good indicators of fitness. Toss in a couple kettle-bells and you're well on your way to being able to do any exercise you'd need. You can get surprisingly creative with even a simple pushup, so it doesn't have to be monotonous or expensive to workout in this way. And, as a previous poster mentioned, these are all compound exercises - meaning, among other things, you get more "bang for the buck" in terms of time spent relative to gains etc. An added plus is that you're much less likely to injure yourself doing such exercises. Anyway, my 2 cents :)

Last edited:
I can't push myself now I have a umbilical hernia hopefully I get this fixed here shortly.

I have had 5 or 6 hernia repairs so far, and by far the most painful was the umbilical hernia in terms of recovery. Thought I would mention this just in case the doctor says its no big deal.

Vitamin supplements are pure placebo unless you have a deficiency. Check with your doctor and see if they recommend any, otherwise save your money. The only two you're likely to be deficient in are D3 and B12 and oral B12 supplements are functionally useless, you really need injections for it to do any good. That means D is pretty much the only one it's worth taking over the counter. 3000IU combined with 800mg of calcium can help prevent osteoporosis, but even then there's no reason unless you're deficient.

Vitamin supplements are pure placebo unless you have a deficiency. Check with your doctor and see if they recommend any, otherwise save your money. The only two you're likely to be deficient in are D3 and B12 and oral B12 supplements are functionally useless, you really need injections for it to do any good. That means D is pretty much the only one it's worth taking over the counter. 3000IU combined with 800mg of calcium can help prevent osteoporosis, but even then there's no reason unless you're deficient.

Broad statement, how do you know your deficient? How do you know your getting the vitamins and minerals you need? I'd suggest writing down what you eat and researching the make up would be the only way.Asking a doctor that specializes in nutrition is a good idea, asking any doctor is a bad idea. They are clueless in my experience. They still go by info that's 30 years old, even if they know that.
Doesn't take much effort to google search info yourself, dead doctors don't lie. 😃

I will make only one comment about vitamin supplements.
"America has the best-nourished toilets in the world."

Broad statement, how do you know your deficient? How do you know your getting the vitamins and minerals you need? I'd suggest writing down what you eat and researching the make up would be the only way.Asking a doctor that specializes in nutrition is a good idea, asking any doctor is a bad idea. They are clueless in my experience. They still go by info that's 30 years old, even if they know that.
Doesn't take much effort to google search info yourself, dead doctors don't lie. 😃

You can test for basically any of them with relatively simple blood work if you're curious. If you're having fatigue issues that will get insurance to cover B12 and, depending on where you are, D3 Hydroxy.

I will make only one comment about vitamin supplements.
"America has the best-nourished toilets in the world."

You drink toilet water? You should at least filter it.😁

You can test for basically any of them with relatively simple blood work if you're curious. If you're having fatigue issues that will get insurance to cover B12 and, depending on where you are, D3 Hydroxy.

Blood work will show what your deficient at that time you get it done. My diet changes daily. How often would you recommend blood work? Vitamin d can be obtained through natural sunlight, I supplement 2000 iu to 5000. Iu during winter months if I'm not drinking the BTT. My bottom line is how you feel. I don't go to doctors really at all, only for self inflicted trauma, hernia, ruptured tendons, and what not. I focus on preventive care more so. I know with out blood work my body recieves all nutrients including probiotics and enzymes on a daily basis.
I just cured my sinusitis with oil of oregano, coconut oil, olive leaf extract. I never had a doctor tell me after a round of antibiotic to replenish my good flora, (good bacteria) in my body. But this is vital to regular body function and immune function. Good luck to the OP with your physical fitness its marathon not a sprint. 😉

I found I was deficient through my doctor a few years ago and haven't stopped taking them since, I know my diet isn't good enough to give me everything I need. Plus the one I take has digestive enzymes and I love them.

Back