1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Picked up a Steelcraft Mini-Bodega

Discussion in 'Todd Begg Knives' started by Rolex John, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Rolex John

Rolex John Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Since the size is a bit more EDC friendly, I thought I'd give the Steelcraft Mini-Bodega a try.

[​IMG]

2. Dknight16

Dknight16 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I love mine (actually have 2). The machine work is incredible.

3. 0men

0men

May 21, 2007
    I have a mini and a large. Another mini is on my list. Amazing quality.

4. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    For those of you with both (full size & mini), what size blade do you normally prefer? And what are your thoughts about each?

The specs on the full size are listed differently (minimally, but still different) on the two sites from which I'd be likely to purchase. I like the aesthetics, and I want one; but the mini is too small for my taste... and I'm afraid I'll find the full size a shade too long.

5. 0men

0men

May 21, 2007
    I usually carry a 3.5" or shorter blade. While in the office it is a 3" give or take. However, now that I don't go into Seattle as much (3.5" legal limit) I find I like having a larger blade on me.

The full size Bodega is large enough that you need to be aware of your surroundings when pulling it out. For most things I would stick with the mini as personal preference. However if you can carry both, they make a very nice pair :)

6. Rolex John

Rolex John Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2010
    That's my problem with the Bodegas. 3.5" is my prefered blade length. I can go a bit bigger if the handle is nice and slender/light. The ZT 0850 and 0095 are examples of slightly larger blades I can office EDC just fine. The full-size Bodega is a bit hard to office EDC, and the Mini as it turns out is too small for my liking.

Nephilim Killer likes this.
  7. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Thank you, @0men & @Rolex John
    It seems unusual for me to balk at the size, having carried a ZT0200(KW) for as long as I did...but the conflicting specs on different sites are partially to blame (I saw the higher ones first, lol). I'm fine with the size of the 0200; though I have come to appreciate the merits of carrying something a little smaller...and I almost always have a traditional in the other pocket, for times when a full sized folder seems to not be the best option.

8. Nephilim Killer

Nephilim Killer

Mar 7, 2012
    We are working on a 3/4 size

FanBoy86 likes this.
  9. TomR2

TomR2

May 17, 2015
    3/4 size = ? please

10. Muet d'hiver

Muet d'hiver

Jul 11, 2015
    Something around 8 inches?

11. Nephilim Killer

Nephilim Killer

Mar 7, 2012
    3.5 in blade

12. Nephilim Killer

Nephilim Killer

Mar 7, 2012
    We are making a 3.5 Bodega soon

13. xq28

xq28

Sep 10, 2016
    stop blowing my mind away, btw is the mini glimpse ti or g10?

14. Nephilim Killer

Nephilim Killer

Mar 7, 2012
    Titanium

John GERDING likes this.
  15. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Hate to resurrect the dead but any idea when the medium size Bodega drops? I was just about to pull the trigger on one, either small or large, and read here a medium is coming. Full stop. Would buy one right now if available. If not gonna be for years will just grab one of the others.

16. Mrgauth

Mar 12, 2016
    This is the deadest forum ever.

17. Mrgauth

Mar 12, 2016
    So I finally ordered a mini Bodega from KSF and wouldn’t you know it, blade is scratched. Major disappointment. Going back. And on top of that they don’t have another like it.

18. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Traded into mine, a mini, perfect size and excellent machining.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019 at 11:19 AM
    TommyGun56 likes this.