PICS - Show us your WELL USED knives

Ok gentlemen, I want to see your well used knives. Bring me pictures of your tired, your worn, your dirty, and your favorite knives. Show me the patina and the worn finishes in all their glory! Maybe you put all that wear on those knives or maybe you bought them that way... maybe you broke the tip off and had to grind a new profile into it... it doesn’t matter how they got their character, show it off!

Hopefully this thread can turn in to one similar to the EDC knife pictures. I’ll start it up with a few:

My M2 Ritter grip:
B6E2771F-9258-438F-B341-F2EC64840962.jpeg

A well worn 940:
F2481BC3-EFF1-46B8-A804-8D0D683A6185.jpeg

This thread is probably going to feature a lot of coated blades, because a well used blade with a satin or stone wash finish wipes down & sharpens to looking brand new.

Case in point... if you don’t look really closely, this could look brand new.

0mdlLED.jpg

But, I just took out some tiny chips from use at work, backed it to 17dps, recorded a little cut demo with it, and wiped it down. Even after backing the edge out, there is a little edge damage really close to the tip.

Coated blades pick up all kinds of wear in short order.

This thread is probably going to feature a lot of coated blades, because a well used blade with a satin or stone wash finish wipes down & sharpens to looking brand new.

0mdlLED.jpg

But, I just took out some tiny chips from use at work, backed it to 17dps, recorded a little cut demo with it, and wiped it down. Even after backing the edge out, there is a little edge damage really close to the tip.

Very true on the coated blades. I think I’m the odd one that likes the worn look. But scratches on satin can show up too, thanks for the pic!

I cannot take credit for the Buck 110, it belonged to my stepfather and was on his belt many days for many years. And it made a pass or two over a stone, so it appears... The 303 was my pocket knife for many years but was retired several years ago and is my crab picking knife.IMG_1369 1.jpg IMG_1372 1.jpg

I cannot take credit for the Buck 110, it belonged to my stepfather and was on his belt many days for many years. And it made a pass or two over a stone, so it appears... The 303 was my pocket knife for many years but was retired several years ago and is my crab picking knife.View attachment 1078999 View attachment 1079000

It’s cool when they have a story like “was on my dad/grandad/etc. belt for years.” It makes you wonder what all that tool has seen.

Pomsbz, big deal :rolleyes: ^^^another fancy, expensive custom knife; I'm surprised you used it. ;) I just happen to really appreciate mine too (both the small and regular). :thumbsup:

0mdlLED.jpg

I still cant get up the nerve to USE my Laconico yet :oops:. Good on you Banter 247 and keep those reviews comming:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I still cant get up the nerve to USE my Laconico yet :oops:. Good on you Banter 247 and keep those reviews coming:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I think these tic all of the Ops boxes, Tired, rusted, dirty, broken tipped, and worn. Each brings me great memories and has it's own story to tell. Now if I can just find somebody to listen to them LOl
WyAOUWv.jpg

Last edited:
Back