PICS - Show us your WELL USED knives

Newish Para 3 vs PM2 owned for 8 years
Xop0L3r.jpg

Care to elaborate on that life saving event?

Long ang true story of when I was 26

I was in Phoenix with my dad at a convention and we left the convention and got a taxi. I am not from there but kinda new what way we were going.

As time went on this fat guy driving this taxi van sounded like he was crying and he was sweating alot and really red . I asked if he was ok and he said: I disappointed mommy, and she makes me lay on her lap while she **** cant say it here ****

My heart sank because he was being really weird. Then we made a turn off the high way and that was weird casue we didnt turn when we went there except to the center and at that moment my dad who is an old cowboy grabbed my hand and squeezed it really really hard as this man talked about how the floor of his house opened up right to hell and he told the builder to make it on stone and not sand. My heart sank and I couldn't think and minutes passed over and over and over and we both could not move.

The lights of town were getting farther away and then he turned down this road with construction and dead in signs and he came to a stop at the end of the road . the second he stopped I pulled out that knife and grabbed him by his hair and took the tip right to his throat under his chin

All I could muster up to say was " take us back to the high way now" it was like a whisper and I was shaking so bad I could hardly hold the blade. I said it so lightly I didnt hear myself say it

He didnt say a word and backed up over a mile to the road then back to the high way going about 5 mph it felt like 4 hours back to the highway . We jumped out and both rolled down a hill about 100 ft in cactus and ran like hell we didnt know what way we were going. We ran in a dead ass sprint for 5 minutes. And my dad told me to stop running and I wouldn't and finally he screamed stop and I snapped out of what ever I was in.

We called the police and they found us and took us back to out hotel and we got our stuff and even though there was 4 days of the convention left we paid double and flew back to Denver.

I still have nightmares, where he is sweating and the sweat is filling up the car and I am drowning in his sweat.

A week later the Glendale police called my dad and told him they found the man based on the description and convention cameras and he was under custody that's where I have to stop the story. The rest is to much and cant be discussed due to legal stuff

This was 6 years ago and the most scared I've ever been in my life

I was in Phoenix with my dad at a convention and we left the convention and got a taxi. I am not from there but kinda new what way we were going.

As time went on this fat guy driving this taxi van sounded like he was crying and he was sweating alot and really red . I asked if he was ok and he said: I disappointed mommy, and she makes me lay on her lap while she **** cant say it here ****

My heart sank because he was being really weird. Then we made a turn off the high way and that was weird casue we didnt turn when we went there except to the center and at that moment my dad who is an old cowboy grabbed my hand and squeezed it really really hard as this man talked about how the floor of his house opened up right to hell and he told the builder to make it on stone and not sand. My heart sank and I couldn't think and minutes passed over and over and over and we both could not move.

The lights of town were getting farther away and then he turned down this road with construction and dead in signs and he came to a stop at the end of the road . the second he stopped I pulled out that knife and grabbed him by his hair and took the tip right to his throat under his chin

All I could muster up to say was " take us back to the high way now" it was like a whisper and I was shaking so bad I could hardly hold the blade. I said it so lightly I didnt hear myself say it

He didnt say a word and backed up over a mile to the road then back to the high way going about 5 mph it felt like 4 hours back to the highway . We jumped out and both rolled down a hill about 100 ft in cactus and ran like hell we didnt know what way we were going. We ran in a dead ass sprint for 5 minutes. And my dad told me to stop running and I wouldn't and finally he screamed stop and I snapped out of what ever I was in.

We called the police and they found us and took us back to out hotel and we got our stuff and even though there was 4 days of the convention left we paid double and flew back to Denver.

I still have nightmares, where he is sweating and the sweat is filling up the car and I am drowning in his sweat.

A week later the Glendale police called my dad and told him they found the man based on the description and convention cameras and he was under custody that's where I have to stop the story. The rest is to much and cant be discussed due to legal stuff

Dude, that’s right out of a horror movie, no wonder it still gets you. Glad you’re ok!

Wow! Thanks for sharing that sir. A perfect example of how knives can save lives.

Pacific Salt and BK16. Not much heavy work that can't be done with these two.

Can't overstate how good the Pacific Salt is for cutting through heavy materials. Have trimmed the snags off the rim of broken horse water buckets (these are thick plastic) and cut heavy rubber stall mats.

vFeLGQ2.jpg

Can't overstate how good the Pacific Salt is for cutting through heavy materials. Have trimmed the snags off the rim of broken horse water buckets (these are thick plastic) and cut heavy rubber stall mats.

vFeLGQ2.jpg

Two of my favorites!

vFeLGQ2.jpg
Is it true what I hear about fully serrated blades never really getting dull to the point where you can't use them? With the marks on that blade I figured you'd be the man to ask.

Is it true what I hear about fully serrated blades never really getting dull to the point where you can't use them? With the marks on that blade I figured you'd be the man to ask.

I'm no expert on these and it's my only SpyderEdge. Not sure about the VG-10 serrated offerings but put some force behind those teeth and basic mechanics take over. Saw through whatever you like, within reason.

I have never really sharpened it just kinda stropped the the back side along a fine stone if the teeth roll a bit. Maybe I really should try to clean up the edge by going slow on a Sharpmaker? I think they also make little, fine stones for getting into those teeth. Maybe a dental hygienist could comment here?

Having said all that, I've had this H1 serrated blade for several years and with little to no maintenance it's still one of my favorites for cleaning salmon. Think I may need to add a Delica Wharny to the mix to see how it does over the years.

I'm no expert on these and it's my only SpyderEdge. Not sure about the VG-10 serrated offerings but put some force behind those teeth and basic mechanics take over. Saw through whatever you like, within reason.

I have never really sharpened it just kinda stropped the the back side along a fine stone if the teeth roll a bit. Maybe I really should try to clean up the edge by going slow on a Sharpmaker? I think they also make little, fine stones for getting into those teeth. Maybe a dental hygienist could comment here?

Having said all that, I've had this H1 serrated blade for several years and with little to no maintenance it's still one of my favorites for cleaning salmon. Think I may need to add a Delica Wharny to the mix to see how it does over the years.
Thank you sir you have answerd my question :thumbsup: and BTW my Spyderco Delica Wharny was some of the best money I ever spent on a knife.

Back