PIF-ERS just talking shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
South paw draw South paw draw I appreciate the sentiment but it's a bit of a drive for you ;) I can send you the listing for it if you're interested.

cchu518 cchu518 my house is an 1880 model. So some cabinets are non-standard, and windows are older than dirt, oh and the furnace is a 1950's big green Sherman tank (works great though). The real pain is 100A electric service. Gotta get that fixed. It's got updated plumbing and electric, new flooring and carpet, and lots of potential! For being in a college town less than a mile from campus, and fresh renovation ready to move in, it was literally the best deal in town! I would have needed to go up by 50%+ more to come close to what we got.

They made fire back then? I'm sure me and god discussed fire wasn't gonna be given till 1792. Parallel universe I'm sure. That damn Mandala effect again. Lmao
It was only built 16 years after America was born that’s on the way older side.

Edit . Too much caffeine eyes are reading what they want. Did some one say it’s lunch time.

JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin Makes sure you check with the local energy company and (possibly) government. There are energy rebates and discounts to be had in buying new energy efficient items. Something that might be out of your budget might be within budget with the rebates and future energy savings. That 1950s furnace isn't going to be efficient but at least it is working and not a priority for now.

Don't feel you have to fix everything at once. I know many people who went crazy and put stuff on credit cards thinking they needed to fix everything in the first few months of home ownership. Make a priority list and budget and stick to it.

/Old fart lecture mode off

gazz98 gazz98 I basically have a list and the priority will be dictated by needs first, then convenience, then frivolous nitpicky stuff last ;) I fully plan on going cash on hand only unless needs dictate otherwise. Thanks for reminding me about the rebates I would be willing to make some extra payments for the right deal. The main thing that sucks is knowing I'm running inefficient. I'm a bit of a tree hugger and I do take a bit of pride in not overconsuming. As an electronics guy, I'm already planning out some changes and upgrades, and having some backup energy for the winter storms that often leave the area without power. Looking into solar and maybe a wind setup may be cheap since I deal with electric motors daily.

That does sound like a great deal. We bought a fixer upper too. It was the best property with the most beat up interior but no one wanted to touch it. The listing was sitting for a year. The kitchen was horrendous! Check out the before and after, we went over our budget by 30% because of an unattended to upstairs leak rotted out the ceiling of the adjacent bathroom.

236be228b643aa56e6a7f0d55ae1606fl-w13xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

o.jpg

South paw draw South paw draw I appreciate the sentiment but it's a bit of a drive for you ;) I can send you the listing for it if you're interested.

cchu518 cchu518 my house is an 1880 model. So some cabinets are non-standard, and windows are older than dirt, oh and the furnace is a 1950's big green Sherman tank (works great though). The real pain is 100A electric service. Gotta get that fixed. It's got updated plumbing and electric, new flooring and carpet, and lots of potential! For being in a college town less than a mile from campus, and fresh renovation ready to move in, it was literally the best deal in town! I would have needed to go up by 50%+ more to come close to what we got.
That's a beautiful area around there bro!
Always used to go party with the Kent State kids when we were in high school. I personally always liked it down there, but once a year we would hate it when we played their hockey team. We used to do mean stuff to those Kent Roosevelt kids..........I may or may not have pooped on their team bus once....................

So speaking of the devil.... A Andrewq Wagner , I think you're starting off way better than myself. I somehow found my facebook post of the knife that put me into the rabbit hole 6 years ago back in 2013.

The caption read...Finally used, my $5 eBay pocket knife special inspired by Dexter's mil-36 spyderco he was flipping around all season. Sharpened using an Arkansas three stone whetstone which is a must have for every kitchen!"

I tried for weeks to put an edge that held on this knife but alas I whittled it down to nothing as the steel on thie Frost Cutlery special was just trash. I found bf and started buying every sub $50 Kershaw and CRKT model that nuttin'fancy reviewed. I had a holy grail moment when I traded into a mini-grip and then a Delica...when that happened, it was too late and my wife flipped out because I was secretly hiding a kitchen drawer full up with 30 brand new pocket knives. She thought my brain was broke.

177863_10151355572093399_636050188_o.jpg

So speaking of the devil.... A Andrewq Wagner , I think you're starting off way better than myself. I somehow found my facebook post of the knife that put me into the rabbit hole 6 years ago back in 2013.

The caption read...Finally used, my $5 eBay pocket knife special inspired by Dexter's mil-36 spyderco he was flipping around all season. Sharpened using an Arkansas three stone whetstone which is a must have for every kitchen!"

I tried for weeks to put an edge that held on this knife but alas I whittled it down to nothing as the steel on thie Frost Cutlery special was just trash. I found bf and started buying every sub $50 Kershaw and CRKT model that nuttin'fancy reviewed. I had a holy grail moment when I traded into a mini-grip and then a Delica...when that happened, it was too late and my wife flipped out because I was secretly hiding a kitchen drawer full up with 30 brand new pocket knives. She thought my brain was broke.

177863_10151355572093399_636050188_o.jpg
Ha, I've already picked out a drawer perfect to hide future purchases in, I'm fully expecting it will be discovered before I even close it!

Ha, I've already picked out a drawer perfect to hide future purchases in, I'm fully expecting it will be discovered before I even close it!
I started by buying knives that look similar. So she would think it was the same one. Then I started filling ammo boxes but leaving them in the box. Then I realized ammo boxes are more noticible than knife boxes. But 3 ammo boxes is less than 30 knife boxes to the naked eye. Haha haha insert evil laugh here... but really I didn’t last that long till she caught on.

Zt has a micro 0022 may be what your looking for. I love me some micro doses.
Naa I am not to much into the newer ZT's. The 561 is my jam I feel like back them they made them like a tank. Now they just make them for the masses. But that's just me. I see it. Micro doses is more like. Pif this for that. Give this to get a new person hooked. Sell this to but that. Buy a new stone for the sharpening system. Buy a new sharpening system. Pull out an old trade you use to do to make slips for the hobby, join a forum, stir the pot. You know micro doses. Lol

Shake shake shake.....shake shake shake....shake your city...shake your city
....shake shake shake.....shake shake shake....shake your city...shake your city...

To all my bay area members I hope you are all ok. We just got a little wobble here nothing big.

Cheers

Didn't even feel it up here in Elk Grove, nothing from the wife at home yet so I assume she slept through it...

Shake shake shake.....shake shake shake....shake your city...shake your city
....shake shake shake.....shake shake shake....shake your city...shake your city...

To all my bay area members I hope you are all ok. We just got a little wobble here nothing big.

Cheers
4.8 with it centered in Pleasant Hill, CA.

Rocked my house pretty good but, that is expected with an older mobile home like mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back