1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pigsticker (SOLD)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by swejk, May 15, 2019 at 2:43 PM.

1. swejk

swejk KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 21, 2018
    Hi, I finished this knife.

Blade is made of spring steel and hardened with hamon. Handle is used stabilized American walnut. Sheath is made of leader with snake skin.

Dimensions:
    20 1/2“ Overall lenght (500mm)
    14 1/2“ Blade lenght (370mm)
    0,28“ Blade thickness (7mm)
    27oz (770g) Weight (knife+sheath)

(sold) include shipping worldwide. It takes cca 14days.
    PayPal accepted [email protected] ( this e-mail can also be used to contact me )
    Thanks for looking.
    Jarda „swejk“ Grof.

Kanour_1.jpg Kanour_3.jpg Kanour_4.jpg Kanour_5.jpg Kanour_6.jpg Kanour_7.jpg Kanour_8.jpg Kanour_10.jpg Kanour_11.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 6:02 AM
  2. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    This looks impressive! Do you have more info about the steel type and heat-treat process?

shoegazer likes this.
  3. Dabling

Dabling Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Absolutely stunning somebody take this

4. TomAiello

TomAiello

Jun 10, 2013
    I would also be interested in the specifics on the blade steel.

5. swejk

swejk KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 21, 2018
    Steel is 54SiCr6 (C 0,5-0,6%; Mn 0,5-0,8; Si 1,3-1,6; Cr 0,5-0,7) I don't know the name of American equivalent. Optimal hardening is between 52-58HRC. Positives are great breaking resistence. The negative is the low corrosion resistence. This blade was parciall quenching from anthracit coal to oil bath. It took some time to learn this process so that every time they were these beautiful hamons.

6. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    If this is still available, I'll take it for the posted price of $270 USD (Paypal Goods). Let me know.

I bought another blade from you last year, similar to this one but a bit smaller. Very nice design and execution.

Paypal payment sent.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 6:16 AM