1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pikal Parer

Discussion in 'Koster Knives' started by Daniel Koster, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Ranger1

Ranger1 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 1998
    Hello...?

2. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    crickets are indeed chirping on this one....:D :eek: :p

I haven't forgotten about it - just need to finish what I'm working on before I can start this one.

:thumbup:

Dan

3. Joe L. Bachs

Joe L. Bachs

Aug 1, 2012
    I would also be interested in picking up one of these if you do a run of them. Just out of interest do you have any idea what kind of price you'd get for these?

4. hienho

hienho

Sep 26, 2011
    I think this would go great with a BushMaster in a double sheath w/ fire rod loop. For times when you might just need to peel and apple or something while you're out there...

5. abarnhart

abarnhart

Apr 3, 2006
    I'd be in for one of these! There are all sorts of whole apples threatening my well-being! :-D

6. CRKDMike

CRKDMike Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 24, 2012
    LOL :thumbup:

7. gehrm_73

gehrm_73 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2007
    I would buy one of these. Please keep us posted if you are selling them again, thanks.

8. Ranger1

Oct 16, 1998

So, are you done yet with whatever less important projects you are working on? :D

9. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    unfortunately not yet. So much to do!!! It's great having lots of work, but makes it really hard for me to time everything right. Ugh....

Dan

10. Ranger1

Oct 16, 1998
    Maybe soon?

11. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    looking like next year now, Ranger. Just have too much on my plate.

Did you see there are already Chinese knock-offs of this design on the web?

12. Ranger1

Oct 16, 1998
    Please keep us informed, I would like a pair of these.

Thank you Dan!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  13. spinynorman

spinynorman

Nov 9, 2005
    Really nice.

By the way, I recently received a Scout in 3V. What a fantastic little knife: just outstanding design and execution, with absolutely nothing that does not need to be there and everything that does.

If any of you are thinking of getting a knife from Koster, do not hesitate.

14. Ranger1

Oct 16, 1998
    Just bringing this back up to the top see if your schedule is allowing these in the near future?

15. Ranger1

Oct 16, 1998
    Hello..?

It is next year...

16. Ranger1

Oct 16, 1998
    Any chance of making these this year?

17. ElCabre

ElCabre

Dec 20, 2011
    This is also on my list , after Ranger get his of course :thumbup:

18. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm still not happy with the design and too overwhelmed with everything else.

But that said, Ranger1 - I will make you one regardless of whether or not I put this back into production. You too, ElCabre. Sound fair?

:thumbup:

19. Ranger1

Oct 16, 1998
    Daniel,
    This is certainly gracious of you, considering your workload and your schedule. PM sent...

Thank You.

20. jorismo

jorismo Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Only just spotted this design for the first time. I would've loved this blade for travelling as well, a lot of use tends to be food prep anyway. Many years ago I spent a few years working in a big kitchen, the knives we used were paring knives, big chef's knives and an occasional bread knife. For travel I think a similar set up of a Monster Nessie with a Pikal Parer would work great! :)
    I would definitely go with the straight edge and I would personally prefer 3V..
    Hoping that this design will go into production someday.