• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pittsburgh area knife shops

I can't remember for the life of me where the brick and mortar forum went on Bladeforums but I was just wondering about any of the Pittsburgh (PA) area knife shops were at. I'm heading out soon and want to check them out to see how they are in relation to the ones out in the PNW.

Nothing here,other than chain sporting goods stores. Or hit and miss selection at gun shops. I hope someone corrects me , but it's a 2 hour drive to an actual knife store.

It’s been decades since I’ve seen a B&M store dedicated to knives in western Pa.

Nothing here,other than chain sporting goods stores. Or hit and miss selection at gun shops. I hope someone corrects me , but it's a 2 hour drive to an actual knife store.
Where is the store 2 hours away?

I was thinking Great Eastern Cutlery, and that's only their stuff . I was trying to be positive , should have been more accurate sorry if I got your hopes up. I guess the next closest is Edgeworks in Frederick MD. Battle horse knives has a storefront in Ohio , not sure if it's just their stuff or others too. There are a few sporting goods stores in northeast Ohio that have a decent selection. The more I write the more bummed I with the cutlery desert that is Pittsburgh

Last edited:
Field & Stream has a mediocre selection. Mostly sub-$50 blister pack stuff, but some $100-150 knives at the counter, but it's hit or miss on what you'll find. There's one in Washington County, and I think one in Cranberry.

Cabela's down in WV has a slightly better selection, but you're still not going to find anything above a medium priced ZT or Spyderco.

Most gun shops around here sell cheap Chinese junk (if they have anything at all) but one or two have nicer stuff... (I think ACE Sporting Goods is a Benchmade dealer)

But really, that's about it that I know of. You're definitely not going to find a shop with much more than the basics. And even at that, you'll find they only stock the most popular models.

Mauers Trading Post in Franklin has some knives above F&S.. Not a huge selection.. Also CDS in Grove City has some.. He used to have a lot but is scaling way back.. BUCK, some Kershaw and Cold Steel, CRKT too..

I just recently found out Country Knives is located in Intercourse Pennsylvania. A pretty long hike from Pittsburgh, and from what I was told here, their prices aren’t the best either.

I just recently found out Country Knives is located in Intercourse Pennsylvania. A pretty long hike from Pittsburgh, and from what I was told here, their prices aren’t the best either.

A quick look at their website will verify that!

Back