P'Kal folder

@ Shangchi108: Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Have you tried cutting with a usual hammer grip? If you did, was it uncomfortable? Efficient?

@ Shangchi108: Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Have you tried cutting with a usual hammer grip? If you did, was it uncomfortable? Efficient?

You're welcome. :)

The knife feels entirely natural in an ice pick grip or a hammer grip, provided the edge of the blade is oriented towards the user. It feels unnatural in any other grip. Very use-specific knife, but extremely well designed for that end.

Provided you're familiar with Pikal techniques, I can't think of a better folder for self-defense purposes.

I was taught using the hammer and ice pick grip but I'm more of a hammer type guy.I saw a demo at youtube, I really like the design and planning to buy one to add to my... username haha! Seriously,since its designed specifically for MBC (lock strength rate,blade steel,handle material) I got interested in it. Thanks for the reply, stay safe.

I was taught in both hammer and reverse/ice pick grip but I'm more of a hammer grip guy. I really like the design and planning to buy one to add to my... username,haha! Seriously, since its designed specifically for MBC I got interested in it, the only thing that concerned me was the "feel" on the hand for a hammer grip. Thanks for the reply,stay safe.

Back