1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Please report DotDefender related problems here

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    We're still tweaking DotDefender in order to prevent further attacks. If you encounter an error, please provide the following DETAILED information:

Error code.
    Time the error occurred.
    WHAT YOU WERE DOING AND WHERE (Making a new post in [X] Forum, sending PM, using Itrader, sending email, editing post, etc)

Thanks in advance

2. knife hunter

knife hunter "Die Hard Hog" Moderator & Dealer Moderator

Dec 5, 2007
    Spark sir, I have no idea if its related, but

I have been seeing a lot of repeat sentences in my post when I go into edit. The repeat is not showing on forum until I go into edit. Its been happening for a few weeks now, and Ive got to where i ignore it and just fix what I mispelled etc.

Ex. I am having a great time I am having a great time down here at the beach. Its only posting as it should..."I am having a great time down here at the beach." But when you open the edit its full of errors more times than not.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. xxwjtxx

xxwjtxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2013
    I am having constant issues posting and am being blocked by dot defender connecting from both my ISP and cell carrier for anything more than 3-5 sentences!!?!

4. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    03-Jan-2015 11:47PM (EST)
    dotDefender Blocked Your Request

Please contact the site administrator, and provide the following Reference ID:

f773-05fc-2e4a-02d9

5. pertinux

pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    I was just blocked attempting to post a response to a thread in Pirate's Cove (ahem). ;)

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I had quoted two posts from the same thread in my attempted response.

~ P.

Attached Files:

6. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    This is rough as anything beyond 3-5 sentences or quoting causes DD to block the post

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  7. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2002
    i just had several as I was revisiting the site and trying to refresh my settings page. I only recorded one of error codes.

12:32am EST
    Error code 3b50-68bf-8828-9b19

8. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Reading a thread in GeneralKNife Discussion, went back to the main forums page. Happened about 10:30pm Mountain time, 03JAN15

[​IMG]

9. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    04-Jan-2015 12:28AM
    b507-b10b-cd77-e2cc

I wasn't posting anything, just navigating, and it wouldn't let me open any page. This lasted for a few minutes.

10. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    04-Jan-2015 12:42AM

ac4e-d1af-1dd8-b094

11. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    04-Jan-2015 12:43AM

b56a-13d8-e84c-ff28

12. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I wasn't posting anything, just navigating, and it wouldn't let me open any page. This lasted for a few minutes.

04-Jan-2015 12:28AM
    b507-b10b-cd77-e2cc

And just now, while trying to post this.

04-Jan-2015 12:43AM
    e9fe-25fa-0c25-99da

13. Imrahil

Imrahil

Jun 18, 2013
    Loads of doDefender problems here. Just trying to refresh the Fiddleback Forum page.

6fc7-bc22-1676-659b

That's the only code I kept out of the 10 or so that I got.

14. Centaur

Centaur

Sep 16, 1999

ef09-7edf-03d1-0561

15. lmleck

lmleck The beatings will continue until morale improves. Platinum Member

Dec 8, 2007
    11:45pm cst, navigating in Whine and cheese. I got the dot defender roadblock...

16. Heavy

Heavy

Apr 6, 2005
    I'm getting this when I try to come

to the main page from my home computer. I am posting this this from my phone.

Please contact site administrator, and provide the following
    Reference ID:
    46c6-78b0-db2e-93dc

17. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    Don't know any of the details like time or code but I've been getting tons of crap from it. Blocks me for two minutes then lets me on for two minutes then blocks me again and so on.

18. Shadow449

Shadow449 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2013
    dotDefender blocked your request. Contact site administrator and provide reference id 78cc-54e5-700f-87e4.
    I was in the process of responding to a PM. What does this mean??

19. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2002
    Coming fast and furious now, different error code each time I refresh, too many to list. Eventually the page will load. 12:53am EST.

20. LongDog

LongDog

Jan 5, 2014
    i got blocked by searching for another member while being within my profile. it went away after about 20min