PM2 M4 CF Knifeworks exclusive, worth it?

There is one in the for sale thread $200 . Great seller to.

There was one for sale...:p

(I'd been agonizing over this knife since I didn't place an order when it was on sale over Labor Day weekend. David's sale thread pushed me over the edge.)

If you like carbon fiber scales, then it's definitely worth it. If you don't, then you could always look to the secondary market for something that suits you better.

If you're not in a hurry, then another option would be to wait for the release of a new sprint or exclusive with tool steel. After all, this is the PM2. You probably won't have to wait that long, lol.

It's definitely expensive. They go on sale for $200 now and then though. Something like the BHQ M4 PM2 was significantly cheaper, though it also sold out very quickly. I have the KW version, and I do like it a lot. I try not to think about how it cost more than the fluted CF Native. I like the grip of the peel-ply finish on the CF, but don't like how it obscures seeing the CF weave. To me, CF is at least in part about the look. I can't really say if it's worth it or not, but I can say I like the knife.
You can see the waves of the cf layers from the side and... Put some water on the cf scales and the weave shows up more until the water evaps (just don't get it on the blade, unless u want patina).

Speaking of patina. It's good to apply a rust inhibitor to the whole blade being that it's M4. it could get a bit of rust on the tang that you can't see under the scales with time if it's used in a wet or humid environments. Make sure to use a good pivot lube in there. There is this new stuff called knife pivot lube and it's making its rounds to everyone and they say it's better than anything they have tried before. Just a suggestion.

For the blade itself ideally use something food safe edci, mineral oil, fluid film etc. Apply, rub in and then wipe off.

Last edited:
I like the CF version, and I like the Jade version. I have both. Otherwise it's your preference but they are available for what would once have been considered bargain prices for an exclusive with primo steel. If you want a really good PM2 for a little less money, there is always the S110V version.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Some of the best carbon fiber for grip. The standard g10 also is peelply. You can get aftermarket scales in nearly any material you like without peel ply texture... Coppers really nice but also heavy af.

I hate jade aka translucent aka natural g10. But at least it can be dyed. Though no one ever does.

How does Peelply CF feel in hands? Is it similar to G10?

The CF upgrade is expensive. Sales seem to be slow for this dealer exclusive and it's been on sale a few times. If you like it and can afford it, go for it.
Alternatively you might consider the Knifecenter Cruwear exclusive.

How's Cruwear compared to M4 and other tool steels (52100, D2)?

There was one for sale...:p

(I'd been agonizing over this knife since I didn't place an order when it was on sale over Labor Day weekend. David's sale thread pushed me over the edge.)

I hate you, just kidding (please don't ban me). Enjoy your knife.

I like the CF version, and I like the Jade version. I have both. Otherwise it's your preference but they are available for what would once have been considered bargain prices for an exclusive with primo steel. If you want a really good PM2 for a little less money, there is always the S110V version.

I already have a knife in S90V, it would be nice to have a S110V, but I might want some tool steels this time. Besides, I am not the biggest fan of the blurple scale, and aftermarket scales will put the total cost about the same as the PM2 M4 CF knifeworks exclusive.

Hey guys/gals,

I have been wanting a PM2 for a while now, but at the same time, I kind of want to try out tool steels. I already have a ZT 0393 in 20CV, BM 940-1 in S90V, and a Native 5 in S35VN, so I thought maybe tool steel would work nicely for my next collection.

The only knife I found so far that fits out of my needs/wants is the knifeworks exclusive PM2 in M4 steel with carbon fiber handle, for $220. I know there's the BladeHQ Jade G10 version, but that's no longer for sale.

For $220, it's rather expensive for a PM2, although my other knives are more expensive. Do you guys think it's worth it? Thanks.

Isn’t m4 a high speed steel? Is it a tool steel? High speed tool steel?

Either way m4 is outstanding stuff. Touches up very nicely just don’t let it get too dull or you’re in for a long sharpening session.

Seems like it has very good edge stability and not prone to chipping.

^^^^ High speed tool steel.

Only knife I have a backup new in box duplicate of.

Doubt I will wear out or lose first one but liked it enough to purchase a second just in case.
zQ0VKKW.jpg

I would say the peelfly is slightly more grippy then regular scales. It’s not the more common glossy stuff where u see all of the waves and what not. IMO it’s the best scales pm2 has to offer

Back