Post Mortem Reflections: CS dead?

I got a condor hog sticker in 420hc. I don't like it and it's got a convexedge which is almost impossible to resharpen. Unless I take it to the machine shop and have them put a regular Edge on it. I can't say for their smaller knives though. But Condor does make good stuff

I use sandpaper on either a mouse pad or strop. It might be odd, but this is now how I sharpen and maintain most of my knives whether they started life convex or not.

As for Condor, I only have a couple but have handled quite a few. They seem like a lot of tool for the money, and they generally have great kydex or leather sheaths. Both of mine are machetes, an Atrox and some flavor of Parang. I have used both on brush, and both seemed easily up to the task. If I were in some apocalyptic survival scenario that Parang would likely edge out any Cold Steel I own as a tool-- since it seems to me that it was carefully crafted as a tool by someone who has actually used one as such.

I use sandpaper on either a mouse pad or strop. It might be odd, but this is now how I sharpen and maintain most of my knives whether they started life convex or not.

As for Condor, I only have a couple but have handled quite a few. They seem like a lot of tool for the money, and they generally have great kydex or leather sheaths. Both of mine are machetes, an Atrox and some flavor of Parang. I have used both on brush, and both seemed easily up to the task. If I were in some apocalyptic survival scenario that Parang would likely edge out any Cold Steel I own as a tool-- since it seems to me that it was carefully crafted as a tool by someone who has actually used one as such.
I don't know why it just doesn't feel right. I guess when they called it a hog sticker they called it that for a reason. It's not very good for chopping any type of vegetation. But it is a great companion when you're going into the jungle for a venture. The sheath that it came with is really nice. It's definitely leather, alone it would cost probably around $30 or more. This is the only Condor that I own and it's no longer being produced for quite a few years. But if I had to choose between a condor or a cold steel? I would pick the Condor

Back