Post the tools you have and love. Hopefully we will learn from each other and find some we NEED to have :)

So true.

For many years I had "saddlebags" on both my bikes made out of ammo cans. Most people couldn't tell they had once been ammo cans because I had heavily modified and customized them (including built-in locks). Back then ammo can saddlebags were a rare sight and they got a lot of attention, but they're a lot more common now. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures.

I took them off after about a decade when I felt like a change and went totally minimalistic, stripping down my bikes to the bare minimum of what they needed to be rideable. I eventually got over that phase, but never went back to saddlebags. I ended up giving the saddlebags away.
What avgood idea. You could've used them for their intended purpose while biking to the range :)

I have an ammo can on the back of my town hopper / errand running cruiser bike.
An old WALD dual side basket on the rear with the ammo can on top between them for my tool kit and bike lock

This is my favorite small cordless screwdriver dcf682.
It has very convenient gyroscopic control. To operate you simply turn your hand in the direction you want. The spindle speed is controlled by the speed that you rotate your hand. I did not see other screwdrivers like that. The rest is all usual - torque setting ring, keyless chuck.
1000008726.jpg

1000008725.jpg

What is your digital push/pull force gauge, if you use one?
I am an amateur guitar player for years and recently found in between low-medium strings I like on my Martin, They are easy to play and I was interested to measure the fretting force.
So I got this 50 N ( or 11.24 pounds full scale) force gauge and put a plastic cup on the probe which is very close in the tip size to a fingertip.
1000008619.jpg
Set to Lbs and zeroed
1000008620.jpg

Measuring the fretting force
1000008627.jpg
The gauge seems accurate enough for what I needed.

The spindle speed is controlled by the speed that you rotate your hand. I did not see other screwdrivers like that.
I think this feature was used in a cheap Black & Decker cordless screwdriver about 12 years ago, but seeing as Dewalt is owned by S-B&D I guess they eventually decided to apply the technology to a better tool where it wouldn't just be a gimmick on a cheap tool.
Cordless screwdrivers just haven't been a tool I've ever really needed, but I've seen / heard a lot about this model and it's probably what I'd go with if I needed one.

I've been hoping for something that's truly screwdriver sized with useful power would come along but I don't think the technology really exists yet.

I use these guys when putting hafts on axe heads, among other things. The mallet is something I made. The handle is hickory, while the head is made of gum. I ran screws through it and wrapped it with a couple pieces of rigid wire to keep it intact when you really pour it on. Itā€™s light and has velocity. The cross peen and ball peen are old Kellys, I believe. They are my 2 favorite hammers that I own, not counting claws. Thanks

Last edited:
Just wanted to say the battery chainsaws and esp. my Dewalt keeping up with the gas ones for smaller jobs no problem.

Due to storm with high winds I have few trees down. Today I cleaned up.
1000008853.jpg

1000008854.jpg

The saw had no issues with couple of trees removal on single battery.

441214288_122146700216195074_963225608673901512_n.jpg

Back