Post your Arno Bernard Pic's!

Is that blade polished by the manufacturer?
It is indeed and amazingly so. I have only a few polished blades and this one has the highest level of reflectivity of any, making it far from the easiest knife to photograph. It sure is a fingerprint magnet too. The knife is an amazingly good cutter, which is really the bottom line for any blade, and I suppose the high polish must contribute to that, but I find myself ofttimes wiping it off and thinking about stonewashed or satin or prominent grind lines.

1676813889880.jpeg

New Arno Bernard Acquisitions:
Fin & Feather in Warthog Ivory
Porcupine in Olivewood
Arno-Bernard-new.jpg

I need to work on a lanyard for the F & F.

I received my iMamba last week. NIB from another member catch and release. Very nice knife for sure!

I plan on pre-ordering an iMamba with inlay, still semi undecided. Maybe warthog white, CF snake, or brown Kudu bone.

Pictures deleted

Last edited:
Nice! I wonder if mine might come early or if it’s still coming at the end of March.
Hey Doc, when did you place your order? I preordered from African Sporting Creations mid December and at that time estimated shipping was end of March. I've noticed on their website that estimated shipping is now May so I contacted them to see if mine was being delayed until May or if that was just for current orders. Below is the response I received from them.

"March shipment is now April, then May and June shipments"

Hey Doc, when did you place your order? I preordered from African Sporting Creations mid December and at that time estimated shipping was end of March. I've noticed on their website that estimated shipping is now May so I contacted them to see if mine was being delayed until May or if that was just for current orders. Below is the response I received from them.

"March shipment is now April, then May and June shipments"
In January direct from Arno Bernard website - it said shipping end of March. Last week it still said that.

So, I'm not sure I understand what their response means? Does that mean my March shipment is now coming in April?

In January direct from Arno Bernard website - it said shipping end of March. Last week it still said that.

So, I'm not sure I understand what their response means? Does that mean my March shipment is now coming in April?
That's my understanding. I guess we'll just have to have patience.
Which one did you order? I went with the brown Kudu bone.

I think the plain Jane or the wood inlay looks good out of the inlays that are available on the manufacturer's site; but I went with the plain Jane, because I plan to use it and don't want to worry about the wood inlays getting scratched up. It also looks more streamlined without the inlays.

I think the plain Jane or the wood inlay looks good out of the inlays that are available on the manufacturer's site; but I went with the plain Jane, because I plan to use it and don't want to worry about the wood inlays getting scratched up. It also looks more streamlined without the inlays.

I just got my DHL tracking notice for my iMamba, shipped today from Johannesburg South Africa with an ETA of march 9th, and it's definitely on the road.

That's awesome. I bet you're gonna love it.
I'm just surprised that mine is coming in a month early, while it appears that some 3rd party sellers are delaying deliveries, or the special inlay models are causing the delays while plain Jane are shipping faster? However, on the manufacturer website all models on pre-order, whether plain, CF, burlap micarta, and ironwood are all still posted as a late March 2023 delivery.

This is what I saw on the AB website. I didn't dig any deeper there and just went to African Sporting's website to order mine since I was interested in the Kudu bone.

"Warthog Tusk, Dyed Warthog, Kudu Bone and Mammoth Molar can be found exclusively at out our dealers African Sporting Creations, Messerdepot and Thunderbird Gear."

Maybe you're just benefiting from good karma! Please share your thoughts when you get it.

Back