Post YOUR Ban Tang Knife

Hmm that one looks familiar. You must have gotten that one from snowborder.
Nice! :thumbup:

I couldn't bring myself to use it Ban!!! I am hoping that my buddy out in Cali can rise above and put her to good use :p

That was by far the sharpest knife I have ever owned. The combination of thin stock and a hollow grind is just deadly. I hope I am still in line for a BT-4 bowie however, as that one would be well used...and loved :cool:

I couldn't bring myself to use it Ban!!! I am hoping that my buddy out in Cali can rise above and put her to good use :p

That was by far the sharpest knife I have ever owned. The combination of thin stock and a hollow grind is just deadly. I hope I am still in line for a BT-4 bowie however, as that one would be well used...and loved :cool:

What... you sold your clip point. Brendan how could you...?:confused::D You could have gifted it to me.;)

I really need to take some better pics, but here's mine: 1st and 2nd gen Pikal.

IMG_0432.jpg

Which is the second generation?

went for a hike with the boy (he's 10) yesterday, starting to work on the 'what if' skill set with him. and he made his very first all-on-his-own fire using the BT4.

magnesium/striker to dryerlint, made his own shavings, twigs to branches buildup, everything. i think i was prouder than he was.

needless to say b/c he's a boy, for the pics he chose to hold the cheap SOG machete that he was cutting the hell out of dead branches with on our walk instead of the BT4 he used for the vast majority of the prep. the machete is lots bigger, and it has teeth on the back - i used to be 10, i get it. but it was all BT4 work.

when you get a knife that is beautiful to look at and handle, and THEN it does it's job exceptionally well, it just makes for a great feeling in the center of your chest. you know you spent your money well.:)
mpg
bt4a.jpg

michorelyfeb2011firstfirebefore.jpg

michorelyfeb2011firstfirepost.jpg

Wow, some folks actually use their BT Knives. Good to see someone finally posting up my knives being used. I can't tell you how proud I am when I see this. There are still not too many of them out there.

My goal is very simple when I make a knife. I want the owner to feel proud knowing their function driven knife is one of the sharpest knives money can buy.

Last edited:
Nice pics gentleman. Your son is a lucky kid to grow up with such fine cutlery. Looks like you are doing a great job teaching him the ropes.

BT7 came today. UNREAL!! BEST FEELING,FASTEST Blade I've handled!! Thanks,Ban
001-12.jpg

016-3.jpg

019-1.jpg

NMFBM---BANNED---Pic by Ban
5019977002_665dee89e0_b.jpg

gentemen - Great pics! Nice to see a BT4 in the field being used. I only have pikals so can't use it all the time, but if I had a BT4 I'd beat the heck out of it. Also, I think your son needs a Tigress, he'd pose with that I'm sure. ;)

thetret - The BT7 Recurve is just damn sexy, nice score!

Also, I think your son needs a Tigress, he'd pose with that I'm sure.

that is EXACTLY the kind of well-thought-out point that will get me to spend lots more money on another knife. solid thinking. unfortunately, "honey, it'll make for a great picture with the boy if he's holding up a ginormous chopper that can cut his fingers off if he even looks at it wrong instead of a cheap machete" is also a very good way to get my wife to kill me in my sleep. so i'm going to have to work on sleeping really really light for a while, then i can continue with the Tigress acquisition plan.

Back