Post your Becker knives pics here

Totally worth the flip and good fun while it lasted, it looked like a light saber first time I saw it.

Nope, the paint is not going to hold up worth a flip! lol

OiOC5xg.jpg

RcbiuxW.jpg

nsoevVj.jpg

With metal working, I often use a marking compound called DYKEM. It comes in the colors of blue, and red. Maybe more that I haven't used yet? It's pretty durable... Think of it as glorified "nail polish" haha. Alcohol is ok for removing it.

I had a bottle of red break/tear/explode on me at work, and it looked like a damn murder scene!
All over the workbench, staining the concrete floor, and a mill.

It would be Far more durable than paint...โ€ฆ Obviously Not food safe though.

With metal working, I often use a marking compound called DYKEM. It comes in the colors of blue, and red. Maybe more that I haven't used yet? It's pretty durable... Think of it as glorified "nail polish" haha. Alcohol is ok for removing it.

I had a bottle of red break/tear/explode on me at work, and it looked like a damn murder scene!
All over the workbench, staining the concrete floor, and a mill.

It would be Far more durable than paint...โ€ฆ Obviously Not food safe though.

Yes, I'm familiar with that metal marking fluid, I've seen mostly the bluish/purple color in the foundry industry. I won't ever used my big blades for food, so no worries there.

Yes, I'm familiar with that metal marking fluid, I've seen mostly the bluish/purple color in the foundry industry. I won't ever used my big blades for food, so no worries there.

The red color is a real Rich, Deep, Red..... very pretty color. The epitome of the color Red.

You got me thinking now...โ€ฆ I might Need a Red Knife? haha

I've been slow in posting here lately....
Focused a bit more on running in stead of hiking lately, so less Becker time for me.
Last weekend did a hike with my GF a we tested out our new folding cups from Sea to Summit.
Loved them, stable, no weird taste.
Ofcoarse my BK7 came along in its new Azwelke pants.

z96b_kcTZRb1uUQOXfgy52nU5GuVmIRDG8i4dc8M1EujiQlZMD8ifIEsPPzaxGl673r_2IdcdfhBg-WMZ08fgxvZu6AtyU-VQ1QyJPf_B2FiSyOhhPm9BrWHxj88Wa1DM2Jo8twPtg=w2400

9r5N4-nJSedwwOYROaCfOobP8-AhKIn4DxrL8esvxtI3U_WbZHUsiTntrfMNDBmsCFy8jMGErh9zaAAQpm3X7LDe0veFsvVGlOg2TyrzT7ODJ_d-AkHnp_GspU93tIHsNudofhGWOA=w2400

AA8_SQLAS7UAwdhz_iswHUUaPrj7O5P35aqXc8tByt9Am4SD_bHaexJRusWNNBFIWoI18jcnF3ELkEiL6Nl7pnFA7WOYpXrhgi42mEfjVHHe5ggKDBc5k19tBGThWz46ZD5JPwWA4A=w2400

Last edited:
KGH54iT.jpg

Not exactly sure why, but lately Iโ€™ve been on a larger knife kick. I picked up an Ontario Rat 7 a while back and after some handle shaping itโ€™s a really nice knife. Iโ€™ve had an unused BK7 in my shed for over a year. I grabbed it one day when Amazon had it marked down to $42, but at the time I was using knives in the 4-5โ€ range and the 7 just didnโ€™t fit the bill. I was going to sell it recently but the sale fell apart. The good news is I had to take the 7 out of the box to take pics, and when the buyer came back a couple of weeks later asking if I still had it I said yes, but it wasnโ€™t for sale anymore. I decided to give it a chance. Today the 7 got dirty. It split up some kindling, made some feather sticks, and opened a 3lb package of bacon. Iโ€™m still not sure I want to belt carry a knife this size but I was definitely impressed. The 7 will go on the next few adventures, and itโ€™s shed days are over.

The BK-7 is a good'n. It's the big knife to grab when you don't want to haul a REALLY big knife. :-D
de-ramped and choiled mine, and now it's super versatile. Being able to choke up on a big blade is important, IMO.

I like your storage container. If I buy anymore knives I'll have to go to something similar.
Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66
I thought we all had Box-O'-knifes ? lol
Obviously for User Knives.
We might need to start a New Thread for photographing (not our collections) but the Mass/Dump/Box of knives...haha

*I use milkcrates.

Back