Post your Becker knives pics here

I wish someone would make liners, All kinds of colors. I’ve tried and failed to make nice liners. I would definitely buy them.
What materials did you try? Do you have a laser? I was thinking of sandwiching some .060” orange or maybe white Kydex under this brown micarta, but that’d just be a one-off thing, relying on hand-finishing to look right. Laminate, *then* sand-to-fit. But maybe it’s too textured. I don’t know. Some of these custom scales are really inspiring. I’m getting really jazzed to hit our local exotic wood store and pick something up.

Ughh…
So hard to say.
I actually like choils on smaller knives but have found I don’t like them so much on larger knives.
I’d like to see what a choil feels like on the Niner, but I’m not about to start grindin’ to find out!
Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 does that “light” choil inspire confidence or do you put your forefinger in gingerly?

Ughh…
So hard to say.
I actually like choils on smaller knives but have found I don’t like them so much on larger knives.
I’d like to see what a choil feels like on the Niner, but I’m not about to start grindin’ to find out!
Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 does that “light” choil inspire confidence or do you put your forefinger in gingerly?
I nicked myself a couple of times at first. I ended up tapering the edge ever so slightly to the choil. The skin on my index finger just kinda fills that taper and I get a good purchase in the choil. No more micro cuts. The seven is my constant companion when I’m hiking I absolutely love that knife with the choil. The 9 not so much. It just doesn’t feels balanced/natural. Ah... it’s hard to explain. I don’t give the seven much thought when I use the choil. Muscle memory I guess.

Ughh…
So hard to say.
Jonny PM me your address. You can beat the snot out of mine for a few months.

HYpExhb.jpg

I nicked myself a couple of times at first. I ended up tapering the edge ever so slightly to the choil. The skin on my index finger just kinda fills that taper and I get a good purchase in the choil. No more micro cuts. The seven is my constant companion when I’m hiking I absolutely love that knife with the choil. The 9 not so much. It just doesn’t feels balanced/natural. Ah... it’s hard to explain. I don’t give the seven much thought when I use the choil. Muscle memory I guess.
So Tanker sent me his chioled ‘9er. I can totally see the the sharp area that he tapered and it works. Without that easy transition it wouldn’t work. I wasn’t sure how how I’d like a choiled BK-9, but after handling it for a few days I’d have to say I kinda like it.
More testing is required.
This badboy is going to BeckerWest to get a thorough run through.

So Tanker sent me his chioled ‘9er. I can totally see the the sharp area that he tapered and it works. Without that easy transition it wouldn’t work. I wasn’t sure how how I’d like a choiled BK-9, but after handling it for a few days I’d have to say I kinda like it.
More testing is required.
This badboy is going to BeckerWest to get a thorough run through.
I’m glad it’s growing on ya. The one thing I didn’t do on the 9 was to round the spine were your hand wraps over the blade. I did this on my 7 and it really feels more comfortable.
Feel free to knock that sharp edge off it if you want to. I put a 90 degree on the spine for the ferro rod.

Back