Post your new run(2018) -GEC 85's

Got two today. Very nice knives!
2rz86xx.jpg

280483r.jpg

Nice surprise Mark. Definitely not smooth polished. Definitely great stag.
Thanks, Alan. Not what I expected so it was a nice surpise!

As we go thru stag, there are always some of those that are too concave or convex; or just not very pretty. So when we get enough set aside we do a run of polished stag. I guess these started life too concave and just didn't have enough belly to polish much. There were all kinds...
It takes all kinds!:) I'm happy, thank you. The Tiger Maple have been absolute stunners!

Pretty happy with these two. You nailed it Mike.
78 for reference and comparison.
full

full
Nice ones, ddavis!:thumbsup:

Got two today. Very nice knives!
2rz86xx.jpg

280483r.jpg
Two good ones, Babalu! That wood is awesome!:thumbsup:

Here is another Blood Red bone.
d1VOjxv.jpg

h4Sc3gI.jpg

Thanks to the very generous TomK I've got this gorgeous Red Jigged Bone version heading my way. I've been trying to get an #85 ever since I first started collecting GEC knives back in 2015 so this is going to be a great addition to my collection. :cool:Thanks again Tom. F02CB9DA-57D9-4D29-948A-7DE2F118D18F.jpeg 5820378E-BEBB-459B-B379-5EE4744D043D.jpeg

Thanks, Alan. Not what I expected so it was a nice surpise!

It takes all kinds!:) I'm happy, thank you. The Tiger Maple have been absolute stunners!

Nice ones, ddavis!:thumbsup:

Two good ones, Babalu! That wood is awesome!:thumbsup:

Here is another Blood Red bone.
d1VOjxv.jpg

h4Sc3gI.jpg
That’s one of the nicer Blood Red Bone I have seen in this run. Congratulations!

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb Mark you really hit the jackpot this week with some beautiful examples. And let's not forget the beautiful 2018 BF knife you got as well!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Jerome! I sure did have a good week! I haven't gotten to many new ones lately so it was an extra special week.
dExlnpW.jpg

6fSID9I.jpg

The 85 is awesome.
Nice set wonderboy1377s wonderboy1377s !:thumbsup:

Beautiful Stag!

Thanks to the very generous TomK I've got this gorgeous Red Jigged Bone version heading my way. I've been trying to get an #85 ever since I first started collecting GEC knives back in 2015 so this is going to be a great addition to my collection. :cool:Thanks again Tom. View attachment 1035018 View attachment 1035019
Nice porch friendliness and great Red bone.:thumbsup: Welcome to the 85 club, finally.:)

That’s one of the nicer Blood Red Bone I have seen in this run. Congratulations!
Thanks, Marty!

My final addition, the Buffalo bone, which my son promptly claimed.
Q7voTPp.jpg

sZMxNlF.jpg

Better pics to follow. This is fresh out of the tube. My fingers were crossed that I get a good tiger maple wood and I wasn’t disappointed. I couldn’t of picked a better one if I tried. This was the first time I went for all 4 in a run like this. With no micarta option it left the door open for me to go all in. Thank you Mike! I got the forum knife today and a stag handled Hess knife as well. Today was a good day :D

2BOBldCh.jpg

btcnCtWh.jpg

Better pics to follow. This is fresh out of the tube. My fingers were crossed that I get a good tiger maple wood and I wasn’t disappointed. I couldn’t of picked a better one if I tried. This was the first time I went for all 4 in a run like this. With no micarta option it left the door open for me to go all in. Thank you Mike! I got the forum knife today and a stag handled Hess knife as well. Today was a good day :D

2BOBldCh.jpg

btcnCtWh.jpg
All beautiful. Well done!

Thank you Ryan. This was my first shot at Mike's SFO #85's. I was in the right place at the right time. I'm a collector at heart so I've wanted to put together a complete run like this. With all the hype around the #85's and liking all the cover choices I went all in. The Blackwood version put a wrench in that, but I don't do FB so to me I have a complete set. Here are a couple more shots of the tiger maple wood. I've lost all sunlight and my camera skills are poor. But I can't resist...

joEKqKD.jpg

rjXNfR8.jpg

The Tiger Maple was the show stopper for me:
zLBLILm.jpg

Here is my full haul:
CleL9KR.jpg
Agreed! Tiger Maple have all looked fabulous!:thumbsup:

2BOBldCh.jpg

btcnCtWh.jpg
Beautiful! I haven't seen a bad Tiger Maple yet!

I ended up with a Polished Stag & Red jigged from this run.

OoEKqs8.jpg

vSxlY7o.jpg
Very nice! Your polished Stag looks great!:thumbsup:

Back