Post your pet photos here!

oh man super! thanks a lot !
love these dogs ! love all dogs !
boxers: in my experience ( this being my 2nd , but first natural male) LOTS of energy ! lots of talking back HAHA and takes about 2yrs for grow and start to fill out and 2-3years to mature and get outta that puppy stage. very powerful and agile ! but very gentile doesnt know its own strength.
PittyXMastiff: my first pittyX even tho its half mastiff its SMALL for that breed i may have got a runt as ive seen a brother of hers from the same litter and hes BIG but hes WILD ( but the people that made these dogs arent the best people) , when i got/rescued her she was a little more excitable but i calmed her down with some training... when i got her she was 2-3yrs old , had never been walked or seen another dog, ive got her now to a point where shes amazing with adults ( im a little iffy around children because kids dont know how to act and she had a rough start in life) shes ok around large dogs... shes more dominate then aggressive shed rather mount and be the boss than have to fight it out...
great dog ! id def get a pitty again but i may lean towards BULL TERRIER just to avoid some of the idiots i have to deal with now... youd think i was walking a dragon around ?!!!!!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Great pets guys, heres my not vicious mutt

Cool! Nice photo!

boxers: in my experience ( this being my 2nd , but first natural male) LOTS of energy ! lots of talking back HAHA and takes about 2yrs for grow and start to fill out and 2-3years to mature and get outta that puppy stage. very powerful and agile ! but very gentile doesnt know its own strength.
PittyXMastiff: my first pittyX even tho its half mastiff its SMALL for that breed i may have got a runt as ive seen a brother of hers from the same litter and hes BIG but hes WILD ( but the people that made these dogs arent the best people) , when i got/rescued her she was a little more excitable but i calmed her down with some training... when i got her she was 2-3yrs old , had never been walked or seen another dog, ive got her now to a point where shes amazing with adults ( im a little iffy around children because kids dont know how to act and she had a rough start in life) shes ok around large dogs... shes more dominate then aggressive shed rather mount and be the boss than have to fight it out...
great dog ! id def get a pitty again but i may lean towards BULL TERRIER just to avoid some of the idiots i have to deal with now... youd think i was walking a dragon around ?!!!!!

Lmao!!! My buddy back home bred a pit bull back to the Staffordshire terrier side and wound up with some massive dogs, they were just huge and scary but they were the nicest dogs with a great temperament, I wish he had bred more of them.

Yeah I get ya on the pit deal. I manage a pet store and we host the local SPCA for adoptions on the weekends. i get people all the time that come in and say that anything that looks like a pitbull needs to be put to sleep! And they call themselves animal lovers. I will say that because of the common stereotypical owners (bad people), when you get pitbull rescue dogs there is MUCH higher incidence of ill-tempered and aggressive behavior than with other rescue breeds. Personally, I have seen numbers close to 60% of rescue pits with behavior issues due to poor upbringing. Never mind the poor nutritional condition of these animals because they wanted to "bulk up" their 6 month old puppy which shouldn't even begin to be building muscle mass until 18-24 months. I love dogs, and I love pits, but personally I would never own one.

2012-02-05102305.jpg

This is one of the pits up for adoption at my store. He is a good dog, raised well, but is the "instigator" type. He is almost 21 weeks old now.

Maybe after I finally upgrade to a knife maker membership this year I will donate a percent of each knifes sale to the SPCA. The local director is a great lady and I see her all the time, so I am sure she would love it!

Good on ya, Jd for takin in a rescue dog. We need more people like you in the world.

-X

IMWILSON

Gold Member
Rescues can be the best pets. She looks like she is curiuos, bet she's smart.

Just got back from the morning walk with my sidekick Radar.

2012-04-27085452.jpg

He likes to stop and smell the azalias, then lift his leg on them.

2012-04-27085408.jpg

He was all curious about the pressure washer.

2012-04-27085307.jpg

Back home having coffee now, gonna try to get an hour in the shop before work too.

-Xander

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Cool dog! Is he a greyhound cross?

Nice photos, Thanks!

Yes, he's greyhound, boxer, sharpei mix. Or as I tell most people when they ask what breed he is, "junkyard." I really like the brindle patterning, but its kinda rare to have one brindled with no white patches, and he has none. He also has a black tongue, so I also call him my camo dog! He's 50lbs on the dot, so a bit small for a greyhound mix. But I love him like family!

Extra points if you can guess what he is named after!

-Xander

I haven't figured out how to post a full size image. If you click on the thumbnail below you'll see our newest cat, Buddy. We have three.

Buddybox-1.jpg

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Yes, he's greyhound, boxer, sharpei mix. Or as I tell most people when they ask what breed he is, "junkyard." I really like the brindle patterning, but its kinda rare to have one brindled with no white patches, and he has none. He also has a black tongue, so I also call him my camo dog! He's 50lbs on the dot, so a bit small for a greyhound mix. But I love him like family!

Extra points if you can guess what he is named after!

-Xander

Nice! I am very familiar with greyhounds, we had some of the fastest ones around. The brindle with no white is almost certainly from Irish/older UK breeding stock and is a cool and unusual feature. We had a lot of dogs that looked like him in fact he has the same look on his face as my last greyhound/doberman chorizo would get. I wouldn't doubt that he could be related to dogs my parents had back in the 70's. A pure brindle is usually a fast dog!

MASH? :D

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
my dog strider...

Nice! Cool looking dog!

I haven't figured out how to post a full size image. If you click on the thumbnail below you'll see our newest cat, Buddy. We have three.

Awesome! That cat looks like an exact cross between two cats I had! Great pic...

This is pinky my pigeon.

That is neat, cool coloring too. I had wondered if you could have one a a pet, they are super smart. :cool:

my two pups :D

I tried to get the pic working to no avail... thanks for posting though!

Nice! I am very familiar with greyhounds, we had some of the fastest ones around. The brindle with no white is almost certainly from Irish/older UK breeding stock and is a cool and unusual feature. We had a lot of dogs that looked like him in fact he has the same look on his face as my last greyhound/doberman chorizo would get. I wouldn't doubt that he could be related to dogs my parents had back in the 70's. A pure brindle is usually a fast dog!

MASH? :D

Cool, I remember you saying you had a bunch of greyhouds. I don't know a whole bunch about the breed buti absolutely love them! God forbid, when the time comes to get another family dog, it will be a greyhound rescue.

Nope, not from MASH!

-Xander