Posting fun: Custom Knives and Makers - From A to Z

Jason: Thanks for all your contributions.

Lourens Prinsloo (South Africa)

This folder continues to reside in my pocket anytime I want to be inconspicuous and sheeple friendly. I love this folder.

orig.jpg

He's also got one of the classiest maker's marks I've encountered. Very stately.

Coop

Q is always a stretch once we got past Quesenberry.

Here's one from Bailey Bradshaw, MS, who Quit making blades and now builds Quality full custom rifles.
BaileyBradshawBowieByStephenF.jpg

And a rifle, just in case anybody thinks I'm calling him out for quitting. Super fine work! This is his FarQuharson Double Rifle.
dscf6105.jpg

dscf6099.jpg

Ok, last one by me, you guys need to get more creative with your "X" entries!

Set of knotting prickers in brass with self harvested spalted pecan. Similar to a marling spike, but used for finer more decorative work.

2013-01-31234351_zps265e5cba.jpg

-Xander Holman

Xander, as long as you're willing, we have an open door for your wonderful entries! No one is complaining. :)

I'm coming in late to the X's today. Great set!

Coop

Ray Smith, from Erin, New York:

orig.jpg

Mine, ALL mine! :D

^^^ Excellent. Feel free to contribute! :D

Coop

Kit Carson, does some fine tacticals and EDC friendly pieces.

Stellite bladed GT, rare:

large.jpg

Small model 21, a great user with the Coping Blade:

large.jpg

And since Coop started this thread I should also include his work on Mike Deibert's 5 JS Knives.
Thanks Coop for the awesome pic!

^^^ That's some great stuff. The middle fighter won BEST JS submission knife in 2012. Eric did a great job.

Mike, you ROCK!

##############

Here's an older shot of Daniel Winkler giving a Forging demonstration at Holston Mountain Hammer-in around 2005

orig.jpg

Coop

This engraved bowie by Bruce Merchant has a handle made of ... Gidgee.
attachment.php

Intermittent red X on the pic above. Here's another Gidgee knife by Shawn McIntyre.
standard.jpg

Last edited:
Hiroaki Ohta
ohta_stag_wt_500.jpg

I googled up an H so I could get to I. These knives below are by my brother, Travis Fry. He was able to acquire in trade a whole tusk of pre-ban elephant Ivory. Here are the first three knives he made with the ivory. I think he traded these knives for the tusk. Unfortunately for you guys, Travis moved to Canada for 11 months and had to leave his knifemaking tools in Houston, TX. No more ivory knives for a while, but these were too good not to show. Clean work, bro.
ivory-1-of-13.jpg

Last edited:
Jason, you do a great job of keeping this going. Those knives of your brothers look really good.
How about a Jurassic Bird & Trout by Jason Knight.

medium800.jpg

Back