Posting photos??

Hiya Oinkers!

Now that Photobucket is out, what 3rd party image hosting sites are you using?

And why can't I post pics from my iPhone photo library? I hit the picture icon, and nothing happens.

I'm sooo pissed at Photobucket for disabling my pics from the past 11 years. So thoughtful in how they treat their users.

With your iPhone:

IMG_5414.PNG

Choose from photo library

IMG_5413.PNG
and Robert is your mothers brother

IMG_4836.jpg

If the file is to large you may have to resize it.

If it says photo is too large and won't post it, I email the picture to myself again and resize it smaller. Usually hit medium. Then it works.
But as others have said...
Upload a file button is the one:cool:

I'm using the site. Done with PB, and other 3rd party hosting sites are warning folks that they aren't willing to take PB's load for free, if ya get my drift. I pay BF for Platinum, so will use the new option here until something better comes along.

Thank you for all the replys!!

I have to wonder... why in the world would BladeForums want to take that on? With the volume of media used in every forum and sub forum... that data store has to grow at a pretty good clip

We had a storage option on the old software too...just not as much, I think. New software, more gigs stored on smaller spaces...dunno. Beats paying PB 400 a year on their terms. LOL Rather give it to Spark & this site if that's how it has to be.

I text the photo to myself, then save it. Then upload it from downloads. I use this site only, pretty easy so far.

Does using img code still work with the updated BF platform?
All I seem to get is a block that says IMG... but no photo.

With android, I see text boxes with options. I type in this box, set the cursor to where I want the image...Hit 'Upload a File' next to post reply...it opens my gallery options on device...I choose, scroll down here on site, click Full Image (you should see a thumbnail of image to be posted below the text box...
Hit 'Reply'...and...

0723170249c-01.jpeg

...Boom

IMG_2732.PNG
If it says photo is too large and won't post it, I email the picture to myself again and resize it smaller. Usually hit medium. Then it works.
But as others have said...
Upload a file button is the one:cool:

If it says photo is too large, try this free app.

Do I need to upload the same file for each post? Or does it live in some media library that's attached to my name?

Hit the Image Size icon. Then hit the button in the upper left corner (a square with 2 mountains). When the menu comes up, I hit All Photos. This is the photo library shared by my ipad and iphone. Tap on the picture you want. When that picture appears on the screen, tap the download arrow in the lower left corner. The resized picture is now in your library right next to the original.
Now type in your text and hit "Upload a File". I tap Photo Library. Again tap all photos. Touch the photo you want, but be sure tap on the resized photo not the original. Touch "Done". Then touch "Full image". Then post "Reply".
After my picture is posted, I go back to Photo Library and erase the resized photo. If I keep the original, I can resize it again, and I will not be confused by identical pictures side by side in my library (the original is usually to left of the resized photo).

Thank you... but I meant on BF. Once I've uploaded a pic, is there a media library on BF? Or do I need to upload each time I want to post that pic?

Foo, that's a good question. And there's not a good answer apparently. I'll get you a link in a minute. LINK

Last edited:
Foo, that's a good question. And there's not a good answer apparently. I'll get you a link in a minute. LINK

Thank you... that answers several questions! Still open is if direct embed burns up your data limit.

Not sure which way is best yet... Imgur may pull a PB, as I'm sure they've been flooded with new accounts ever since PB filed for extortion. And there was mention of old BF albums getting wiped when BF upgraded. I guess it's just an eventuality in either choice.

Back