Power Pro Braid

i was always told that if the water is clear use a more natural bait (more natural action, less action and smaller lure) and flouro line..

the darker the water the bigger the lure you could use and get away with it and the more you could use lines that are not "invisible under water".. kind of a rule of thumb for me bc it works for me. it may not work for you.. in fact i would love to read more about clear water fishing. to me thats the hardest of it all. if you master that you can master darker stained waters (imo)..

for the record the two largest fish i caught this year (7.5lbs and 9.35lbs LM bass) were caught on a spinner bait with mono line (12-14lb suffix clear mono)... but it was windy and cold. the water was choppy so it may have helped disguise my mono line. suffix is some tough line imo.

Im not arguing. All lines have pros and cons, you have to sacrifice in some areas to gain in others. I have missed a lot of fish because the mono I was using stretched so much that I could not get a clean hookset. When fishing from a canoe or wading and having only one or two rods , mono has the better all around properties than does braid ,at least for me.

I know the pros prefer braid when flipping. I tried that and the number of bites I got went down considerably. But I was tying directly to the lure, no leader.

i have never caught anything flipping using just spectra; i always tie on some length of mono or floro...and i'm using 2-4lb spectra (pretty thin stuff)...

Im not arguing. All lines have pros and cons, you have to sacrifice in some areas to gain in others. I have missed a lot of fish because the mono I was using stretched so much that I could not get a clean hookset. When fishing from a canoe or wading and having only one or two rods , mono has the better all around properties than does braid ,at least for me.

I know the pros prefer braid when flipping. I tried that and the number of bites I got went down considerably. But I was tying directly to the lure, no leader.

Cool... me neither :D

Back