Practical Sharpening's stones are all...

I'm planning on getting the 30K I already have the 8K not sure about getting the 15K,I'm not worried about making to big of jumps as I'll be going to the Venev OCB 800 and 1200 after these stones as they leave a better scratch pattern,that being said I'm not saying the 30K Poltava can't be better but from what I have gotten as far as result's go I'm going to hold my breath either.

Sorta jumping in here at the tail-end of things, but I recently tested a set of Practical’s resin-bonded diamond stones. I was thoroughly impressed. The resin seems quite hard/wear-resistant, the abrasive was very aggressive, densely concentrated, and evenly distributed. Tremendous feedback for a resin-bonded stone on a fixed-angle system. I ran them on Rex-45, M390, and used a couple of the coarser grits to reprofile CTS-XHP before switching to Shapton Glass. Big fan of the edge aggression, even at higher grits.

At any rate, I purchased a metallic bonded diamond stone (160/125), two metallic bonded CBN stones (100/80, 50/40), and four resin bonded CBN stones (20/14, 10/7 [200%], 5/3 [200%], 2/1 [200%]). I have some Maxamet, S90V, and K390 requiring my attention and will report back accordingly, provided I:

1) have time :thumbsup:
2) remember to do so :thumbsdown:

Back