practice image post

The image is there, Rod, but somehow, the knife got bent. Better try again.

Aardvark. Thanks no this Kukri at some time in its life most likely had a handle repair and blade is now offcentre.

Congrats for finally figgerin out the pic postin Rod!!!! Great lookin khuk, is that double fullers I see as in a shorter lighter model of a Foxy Folly?:D

Yvsa, Thanks, yes double fullers, its a very heavy Kukri being of all steel that is the handle is steel not white metal,alloy or brass.I have not got any scales but it is certainly a very heavy piece.

Originally posted by Rod Allen
Yvsa, Thanks, yes double fullers, its a very heavy Kukri being of all steel that is the handle is steel not white metal,alloy or brass.I have not got any scales but it is certainly a very heavy piece.

That must be very unusual as I haven't heard of or seen any similar khuks posted.
Will you be so kind as to post the specs on this khukuri Rod?

Yvsa, I am sure JP will have seen many, but I like you have only seen this one there are many white metal ones around.
As I said I do not have scales it is approx 19 inch's long
handle a fraction under 4 inch's pretty rough as my rulers markings have all but faded off the surface ruler was my old Dads so I insist on keeping on using it even though you can no longer read it! The carved handle is fascinating considering its steel.

Congrats on the Gold membership & picture posting Rod!

Not to mention the kukri!

Thats a nice handle, I did have a steel one once but unfortuanatly sold it, before I new any better!

Ive Kicked myself about it ever since!

That looks much better freehand chiseling than my one was though!

cool.

Spiral

These metal gripped kukris are usually of high quality and the blade styles vary. Scabbards are normally very plain and sometimes the k&c mimic the kukri's grip design. I have posted these before and discussed how the "engraved" grips are made by stamping out sheet metal on a form and then finely finished after being fitted to a wooden core. More embossing and debossing finish the grip.
metalgrips.jpg

I have never seen one that was white metal. Some were once covered in silver koftgari. The outside pieces are brass. The one on the right has a watered blade.

John, these three are white metal, the outside two are heavily tarnished but are just white metal, the original image i showed is hand chisled not embossed.

Attachments

• dsc02935.jpg
    dsc02935.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 30
Is it aluminum or puter or pot metal (a bunch of diffent metals all melted down together). Just curious.

Back