Test ad

Pre-order for the new Kephart?

pre-order for the new Kephart?

  • Yes, start a pre-order

    Votes: 69 92.0%
  • No, bad idea

    Votes: 6 8.0%

  • Total voters

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Feb 13, 2007
I'm considering doing a pre-order for the new Kephart maybe this Friday.

The timing wouldn't be perfect because it's not quite ready for its "grand unveil", but we have only done one pre-order in 2020 so far and I'm running out of time to put another run into this year.

This actually matters some for tax purposes. I'm thinking about this from the point of view of running the business. It is advantageous to level out your years. Last year was a good year, this year (due to the move more than Covid) was less, and with our newly on-line manufacturing capabilities, next year is looking pretty good. So it might be helpful to put some of next year into this December in order to move some of 2021 into 2020. We're not in a money pinch, it isn't a cash grab, but it would certainly be artificially timed rather than "organic".

What do you folks think? It's a Kephart (we all know what that is). The steel is here already and we've already decked it, it's about to go on a machining center, so this isn't "vaporware". So, should I do a pre-order for it? Friday?


Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
if it's Delta 3V AND similar to the cad rendering shown by casinostock in #26 i'm in for 1,and if possible osage scales!IF it has the "broomstick" handle from original no interrest.i don't like the original design.
Last edited:


Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2016
I would be in for a preorder. Mostly because I want the peace of mind that it gives me. I am still waiting on the DEK1 from that preorder but I know it's coming regardless - might as well add another to the wait list.


Gold Member
Feb 27, 2005
I'm not huge on the traditional Kephart pattern, so I would probably pass as it is (although once we see pictures of the new pattern I could change my mind), and to be honest every preorder I have with CPK is still pending, so I think I'd like to see my DEK1 preorder or my K18 before I decide to throw more money in the pot. I certainly trust Nathan and Jo to deliver, I just don't like having so much money tied up in long-term pending projects. Although... the axe would force me to reconsider that, LOL.


Gold Member
Basic Member
Nov 20, 2011
I’m probably out.
A lot of variables in my knife budget.
Will I land a BD?
If I don’t land a BD, should I get a second DEK1? Or another FK2? Or the Kephart?
Additionally, I’m trying to scrape together money for a K18 - but probably dreaming.


Gold Member
Mar 20, 2016
Just to add, I am among the very very few nitwits (maybe the only one?) who has never held or owned a Kephart ever! Therefore it would be an absolute boon for me to be guaranteed the CPK-Kephart without having to partake in the ever arduous Fridays' sales scrums! I am naturally in, but due to self-imposed constraints, most likely I will not be going overboard with multiples like I had in some of the past preorders. If they should be offered with wood handles as added options, count me in for at least 2 :D