Price check - Sarsquatch

If I had an unused coated Sarsquatch that I was thinking about selling, what would be a fair price in today's market?

Have any sold recently?

Curious, & interested if you do sell one.
I bought a used Sarsquatch recently.
Corrected- was Comp finish, not a stripper & was $$$$
Would gladly buy another.

Last edited:
I’ve seen them hovering around 450 to 575 , all were comp finish se .

Basing that on 4 I’ve seen sell in as many months .

Coated being non Comp finish? Unused at the higher end of luethge estimate. They don’t come up often.

I would think a nice black blade , black linen handle would catch the most. The linen handles are more of a catch to me than a naked blade. Plus unless it was meticulously cared for , the special edition engraving is probably hard to see with the surface rust that has taken place over the years. I would want one.(linen) :). I sold mine a year or two ago for 5-550 Iirc. Se a bit less.

Last edited:
The nicer black linen and tan linen coated blades seem less frequently offered than the CF versions.
I do love my black linen CG that went SF.
rzURaic.jpg

I recently sold one to a friend of mine (stripped, black canvas, with kydex) for $450. I paid around $600 for a REK'd black linen one some months back. Worth it--that is the sharpest knife I have ever seen, and 2nd place doesn't really come close.

I would think it would bring at least $500+. The market is so crazy now with all the new guys getting in and all the new models in the last 2 years. I have seen some real bargains on some Busse classics because if it is over 3 years old and not a TGLB then half the potential buyers haven't even heard of it. I like knives of all sizes but prefer a knife I can pack fairly easily. IMO the SFNO, ASH-1, Sarsquatch, Tank Buster and Hell Razor are the some of the best all arounders Busse has ever made.

Great points, jbs121s. Perhaps this will allow some of us who know and appreciate the older models to find some bargains.

I would think it would bring at least $500+. The market is so crazy now with all the new guys getting in and all the new models in the last 2 years. I have seen some real bargains on some Busse classics because if it is over 3 years old and not a TGLB then half the potential buyers haven't even heard of it. I like knives of all sizes but prefer a knife I can pack fairly easily. IMO the SFNO, ASH-1, Sarsquatch, Tank Buster and Hell Razor are the some of the best all arounders Busse has ever made.

+1 the older school blades had some nice classy lines to them. Most the new stuff is getting towards fantasy style blades

SARsquatch won't get any cheaper ...

Grab one while you can get it.

Condition plays a factor, but not as much as with other blades from other makers.

I'll buy every one I can find for around $400-- >>>spoiler alert<<<...there won't be many.

Realistic price for litely luved squatch ... $500 give or take.

A nicely massaged custom specimen ... $600 neighborhood.

You asked, I gave my 2cents, YMMV ... but I think all the Hogs' quotes above are pretty much on the money! :thumbsup:

Sightings of all species of squatch are already rare and will be getting more rare, I predict.

Love nor money will get this one...that is till I get really hard up for either/both!;)
OBOhWYB.jpg

ZBvaoBH.jpg

SARsquatch won't get any cheaper ...

Grab one while you can get it.

Condition plays a factor, but not as much as with other blades from other makers.

I'll buy every one I can find for around $400-- >>>spoiler alert<<<...there won't be many.

Realistic price for litely luved squatch ... $500 give or take.

A nicely massaged custom specimen ... $600 neighborhood.

You asked, I gave my 2cents, YMMV ... but I think all the Hogs' quotes above are pretty much on the money! :thumbsup:

Sightings of all species of squatch are already rare and will be getting more rare, I predict.

Love nor money will get this one...that is till I get really hard up for either/both!;)
OBOhWYB.jpg

ZBvaoBH.jpg
Honestly can’t remember what I paid you for mine. At least now I understand how you were able to part with it, since you have this one. :thumbsup:

Yup...I'd never sell my last BUSSE "anything" ... cept the BATAK ... never warmed up to that one.:confused:
I just sent a BATAC off to my buddy @whupash for some of his magic, because I wasn’t overly fond of it, either, but it’s one of my only somewhat old school Busses and one of the only ones that measures out with a 5” blade. If he can’t bring it to life, I will know it’s not for me.

Back