• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Price Drop J. Neilson, MS. 2012 March of Dimes Benefit Bowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the winner of this raffle in 2012, it included this wonderful bowie, a John Cohea sheath and stand and a book documenting the process.

From J’s website: This Bowie was built as a benefit piece for the March of Dimes. The damascus blade is 11" and done in a canister weld with high carbon powder steel and contrasting "marching arrows" in the steel and forge marked/acid soaked flats. The guard is wrought iron with matching "arrow" tips. The handle is a Sambar Stag crown with a throat of high contrast laminate damascus with a black spacer and secured with a piened/etched carbon steel pin. The knife comes with a rawhide sheath with antler and rattlesnake accents by John Cohea.

This is a picture of the knife as it appeared on J.'s website.

frontier-march-of-dimes.jpg

This is how it looks today. It is unused, never sharpened, and never stored in sheath. Edge is perfect.

Knife and stand.jpg

The book

Neilson book.jpg

The sheath

Sheath.jpg

This link showcases the labor that went into creating the knife.

Some other threads related to this knife here, here, here and here.

I would be happy to email/text more pics, please text 630-677-2620 or dceberhart at gmail dot com

Terms of sale: PayPal only, $1895 shipped/insured with a tracking number to you in the CONUS only, I eat the PayPal fee. No trades at this time, thank you and thanks for looking.

Dave Eberhart

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back