• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pride of the West

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here’s a beast offered up for your consideration. I call this model and variants Pride of the West, I think it looks like something a mountain man/explorer/lawman would have carried in the days long gone by.

Steel .195” 440C professional HT 59/60 hand sanded to 1500 grit for a highly reflective satin finish.

Edge before sharpening was .015” or so and the blade glides through phone book paper, leather, rope etc. The clip is near sharp.

Dimensions: 11 7/8” OAL, Tip to Scales 7 7/16” Width 2” max, 1 ¾” at the ricasso… Weight: Knife only 16 oz, with sheath 20 oz

Bobote scales sanded to 1200 grit with dovetailed nickel silver bolsters and stainless pins. Bolsters finished to 2000 grit and buffed, can’t call it mirror but they are pretty shiny! Scales are finished with Danish oil and carnauba wax. Edges are rounded where they need to be and it feels great in my average sized hands. Lined sheath, molded at the ricasso for a snug fit.

Asking only $265 via paypal, check or MO. Your satisfaction is my only priority. Feel free to comment, ask any questions or request more pictures. Thanks for looking!
18-40 1.JPG 18-40 2.JPG 18-40 3.JPG 18-40 4.JPG 18-40 5.JPG 18-40 6.JPG
This one has a dead ringer twin so if you'd like something with different materials, sheath design etc I will accommodate if I can.

Last edited:
Back